BCD996P2 Metadata problem using RadioFeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA1PL

Feed Provider
I just replaced my feed's old BC780XLT with a new BCD996P2. The metadata from the 780XLT worked fine. I can't get it to work with the 996P2. I'm using RadioFeed streaming software version 4.5 (latest version). I'm using the USB cable from the PC to the front panel mini USB on the scanner. I installed the USB drivers on the PC. In device manager the PC recognizes the Uniden Serial Port (COM4). I set the Radio Feed scanner type to BCD996P2, I set the com port to COM4, and I've tried all of the available Baud Rates but cant get the green Scanner Data indicator to flash, therefore no MetaData is broadcast. I can not find anywhere in the scanner settings where you set the baud rate. Any ideas anyone? By the way the audio is great, no problems there.

ChrisABQ

Make sure you are indeed sending to the correct port that the scanner is connected to, you can verify that in your device manager. Baud rate needs to be 115200, nothing else will work.

AA1PL

Feed Provider
Make sure you are indeed sending to the correct port that the scanner is connected to, you can verify that in your device manager. Baud rate needs to be 115200, nothing else will work.
The scanner is in deed connected to the computers USB Port that's identified in device manager as Uniden Serial Port (COM4). There's nothing I need to configure in the actual scanner, correct?

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
If you recently rebooted the computer you may need to power cycle the scanner. Ive had that happen to me before. After the computer is up and running. power off scanner, then back on and USB will redetect it.

ChrisABQ

I actually had to power cycle my 996 this morning because I had a scannercast error saying it had no connection to the scanner. Rebooted the computer, then the scanner and it started working again. This is something new as of late. I think some new ratty programming in windows changed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.