BCD996P2 Programming Help Wanted - Wake County

jtboone

Got my dad a BCD996P2 for Christmas. He wants to listen to Wake County police, fire, and medical. I tried programming it myself, including by combing through forums, but I have very little knowledge in this field, and have been unsuccessful. Can anyone help?

reconrider8

Software is your best bet. Most of the newer programs allow you do download all the info straight from the dB here and then it will work correctly as to what the dB has. I think for wake you want the #2 site not #1 and then all the wake county talkgroups

LoneOwl

Got my dad a BCD996P2 for Christmas. He wants to listen to Wake County police, fire, and medical. I tried programming it myself, including by combing through forums, but I have very little knowledge in this field, and have been unsuccessful. Can anyone help?
Here's a text file with Wake County, along with State & Fed. I use Proscan, but you might be able to load it into your 996P2 with something else, like 'Freescan'.

Attachments

• WAKE and STATE.txt
    83.7 KB · Views: 23

jtboone

Here's a text file with Wake County, along with State & Fed. I use Proscan, but you might be able to load it into your 996P2 with something else, like 'Freescan'.
Thanks! I downloaded proscan, but I couldn't really figure out how to use it. I'll give it another shot.

wtp

Wake County Simulcast
i just hope that the simulcast thing is not a problem.
but if you set it up and don't hear anything, that could be it.
with my county i got 1/4 second of reception and then 1/4 of nothing.
i hope he gets better than that.