BCD996T and ICalls

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1PC

I asked this in the sticky thread and got no response. Maybe I'll have better luck in a seperate thread.

When receiving an ICall, my 996T displays the TG number, not the Alpha tag "ICall" that I programmed in. I used the ICall wild card TG ID 700000 in the UASD software. My other Unidens (796D, 785D) display the Alpha tag when receiving an ICall.

Do I need to program the 996T differently or is this just the way the 996T deals with ICalls?

Thanks.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Do you mean it displays the radio ID and not talkgroup number?

You should not need the wild card for the ID search mode, only in ID scan.

Using the wild card, it will display all I-Call radio ID's. If you have a specific radio ID tagged and are using the wild card it should display only the radio ID unless you alpha tagged your wild card.

Try removing the wild card and see if the specific radio ID tag displays.

W1PC

DaveIN said:
Do you mean it displays the radio ID and not talkgroup number?

You should not need the wild card for the ID search mode, only in ID scan.

Using the wild card, it will display all I-Call radio ID's. If you have a specific radio ID tagged and are using the wild card it should display only the radio ID unless you alpha tagged your wild card.

Try removing the wild card and see if the specific radio ID tag displays.

I am using ID Scan mode.

When receiving an ICall, the display will show the TG ID, for example ID:734862, but not the alpha tag. I hear the ICall fine, it's just that the display doesn't show the alpha tag I programmed.

I used the wild card for programming the TG ID and the alpha tag "ICall".

I'm sure the solution is something simple but it's got me stumped!

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
W1PC said:
I am using ID Scan mode.

When receiving an ICall, the display will show the TG ID, for example ID:734862, but not the alpha tag. I hear the ICall fine, it's just that the display doesn't show the alpha tag I programmed.

I used the wild card for programming the TG ID and the alpha tag "ICall".

I'm sure the solution is something simple but it's got me stumped!

The ID used in your example is actually the radio ID. It should change back and forth as the two units talk to each other. This is the way my ICall works, as well.

Russell

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Russell said:
The ID used in your example is actually the radio ID. It should change back and forth as the two units talk to each other. This is the way my ICall works, as well.

Russell

He has an alpha tag assigned specifically to a I-call radio ID. It should only display the alpha tag when the "wild card" is NOT used during ID scan.

W1PC

First of all, thanks for the replies.

If I understand correctly, the BCD996T will not show the alpha tag during ID Scan when stopped on an icall if I am using the wildcard; it will just show the TGIDs of the two radios in conversation.

This is different from how the 796D behaves which does show the alpha tag when performing the same task.

At least now I know that my 996T is acting normally and I didn't make some programming mistake.

Perhaps a future firmware update will address this since, at least in my case, I'm less interested in seeing the TGIDs of the radios than I am in seeing the alpha tag.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I-Calls

This morning, while using the BC996 in the ID SEARCH mode, I saw a display that showed

736196-736177

I beleive that this is an I-Call. Is the first number shown the officer who initiated the call? Also. should it revert to

736177-736196

when the other officer replies? Although I had a BC796 prior to the BC996, I have very little experience monitoring I-Calls, so I apologize in advance if this sounds like such a newbie question.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
JASII said:
This morning, while using the BC996 in the ID SEARCH mode, I saw a display that showed

736196-736177

I beleive that this is an I-Call. Is the first number shown the officer who initiated the call? Also. should it revert to

736177-736196

when the other officer replies? Although I had a BC796 prior to the BC996, I have very little experience monitoring I-Calls, so I apologize in advance if this sounds like such a newbie question.

That is the way it's supposed to work. The six digit number beginning with a 7 is the radio ID of the persons engaged in the call. The numbers will switch back and forth if the call is "dropped" and the other person replies.

SCPD

QRT
JASII said:

736196-736177

736177-736196

Yes that is how the 996 shows an Icall. I think the 996 will only show the Icall in this format on P25 systems.
736177 is the user that started the Icall and the 736196 is the reciever.
On other Motorola TRS is will only the the radio starting the Icall.

The Alpha tag should show up even if you in ID scan mode for the "wild card". Mine shows the Alpha tag for the "wild card" in ID scan mode.

SCPD

QRT
trunker0205 said:
What system did you hear I-calls I have yet to hear any on on my 996T in MSP troop-C
Motorola, even P25 like Michigan's statewide and EDACS. They may not use Icalls that much or they are encrypted. If they are encrypted the 996 will skip over them. I heard one Icall on Omaha's P25 system. So the 996 can recieve them on a P25 system.

W1PC

KG4WHM said:
The Alpha tag should show up even if you in ID scan mode for the "wild card". Mine shows the Alpha tag for the "wild card" in ID scan mode.

This is exactly what I was trying to get my 996 to do but I can't get it to show the Alpha tag when receiving an iCall. I have the "wild card" programmed as a TGID with an Alpha tag of "iCall" but the display only shows the iCall ID and not the Alpha tag when receiving an iCall. Any suggestions?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
W1PC said:
This is exactly what I was trying to get my 996 to do but I can't get it to show the Alpha tag when receiving an iCall. I have the "wild card" programmed as a TGID with an Alpha tag of "iCall" but the display only shows the iCall ID and not the Alpha tag when receiving an iCall. Any suggestions?

Remove the wildcard and assign an alpha-tag to the individual radio ID. I.E. 786200 = Polce Car 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.