BCD996XT Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzzManG149

I just recieved my BCD996XT and im having an issue in standard Motorola Trunking mode. It will scan for a few minutes and recieve a programmed talk group id. The problem is it will not continue scanning it will stick (there is no ID SCAN or up arrow displayed while this is happening) on the talk group ID put will pick up other ID's. You can hear a hissing from the speakers that you dont hear when it is scanning almost like someone has an open mike. Ive read through the easier to read manual and have not come up with a solution as of yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Update
I have noticed that it is stopping on freq in the trunking system (857.7625) this in Norman, Ok by the way. Ill put a link to the info at the bottom. Ive thought about trying to lock out that particular freq and see what happens.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?siteId=12630

Last edited:

W6KRU

I just recieved my BCD996XT and im having an issue in standard Motorola Trunking mode. It will scan for a few minutes and recieve a programmed talk group id. The problem is it will not continue scanning it will stick (there is no ID SCAN or up arrow displayed while this is happening) on the talk group ID put will pick up other ID's. You can hear a hissing from the speakers that you dont hear when it is scanning almost like someone has an open mike. Ive read through the easier to read manual and have not come up with a solution as of yet. Any help would be appreciated.

It sounds like you need to set End Code.

Easier to Read BCD996XT Digital Scanner Manual

OzzManG149

Thanks DDan that was the problem. I have read over the Easier to Read Manual and must have missed that. Seems the new scanners are getting harder to program. This one is going to take some getting used to for sure.

scanningisfun

Thanks DDan that was the problem. I have read over the Easier to Read Manual and must have missed that. Seems the new scanners are getting harder to program. This one is going to take some getting used to for sure.

It's very simple once you understand. I was overwhelmed before I got a 396XT but it's relatively simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.