BCD996XT Problems Programing (OKWIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yhssenior05

Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere else I am unable to find it if it has. I just upgraded from a BCD780XLT to a 996XT talk about night and day differences. Anyways I'm useing ProScan to program it and I am downloading the frequencies into Proscan VIA radio reference account, and I have been sucessful in doing so except for the OKWIN system. I get this warning message in Proscan "Warning - System (OKWIN) Contains 55 Channel Groups Exceeded The Limit Of 20" I understand there's a problem here im just not exatly sure about how to fix it so any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I have updated the scanner's firmware to the latest which I believe was 1.06.

yhssenior05

Update

Okay I have somewhat figured out the problem, I have 55 TGID's under the OKWIN system name. I was going to just move some of the talkgroups out and list them under another system name, but won't I have to move the frequencies that correspond with the talk groups as well or will it still pick up transmissions fine if I just move some of the TGId's into a system?

Redneck0410

Okay I have somewhat figured out the problem, I have 55 TGID's under the OKWIN system name. I was going to just move some of the talkgroups out and list them under another system name, but won't I have to move the frequencies that correspond with the talk groups as well or will it still pick up transmissions fine if I just move some of the TGId's into a system?

You'll essentially be creating three duplicate systems to fit all the talkgroups in. It would be smart to just move the talkgroups together. If you move just the talkgroups it should be fine and you should be able to listen to what you're wanting to hear.

yhssenior05

Ok so your saying to basically clone the whole system three times, then delete talkgroups out of each system so that each system has no more than 20 talkgroups? And just leave all the frequency sits alone in all three systems?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You can have up to 500 total channels (i.e. talkgroups) in the system. The limit you are hitting is on the number of channel groups. You can have a maximum of 20 channel groups.

Systems have Sites (which include the system frequencies) and up to 20 Channel Groups which have Channels (which are the talkgroups).

yhssenior05

Okay that makes sense I understand that.. Now my next question is is there anyway to quickly combine the channel groups like for example when I import from Radio reference there are 4 channels that are all nammed Cleveland county, how can I quickly combine all of those TGID's into on channel name as cleveland county without having to copy and past each TGID from one channel name to another?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I think you mean "channel group" when you say "channel name." I've never used that software, so maybe someone else knows and can help.

yhssenior05

Oh yes I do mean that sorry. Is there a sotware that you recomend using for programing this partivular scanner? I appreciate the help GREATLY Btw!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Okay that makes sense I understand that.. Now my next question is is there anyway to quickly combine the channel groups like for example when I import from Radio reference there are 4 channels that are all nammed Cleveland county, how can I quickly combine all of those TGID's into on channel name as cleveland county without having to copy and past each TGID from one channel name to another?

In ProScan, try dragging the channel nodes from one group to the other.

yhssenior05

Oh thank you so much thats working!!! Now hopefully my last question. Who I do that I notice some groups have different longitude and latitude coordinates, this is irregaurdless to me since I do not use a GPS puck with the scanner correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.