BCD996xt Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

kajun

Premium Subscriber
I have a uniden bcd996xt ordered and i was just curious if anyone has used FreeScan and
ARC XT with a BCD996xt and have any pro's or con's on using these 2 diff S/W programs?
FreeScan or ARC XT, Which works best for you?
I've D/L'd both and both seem fairly easy to use.
Thanks for any input

sjlamb

I have a uniden bcd996xt ordered and i was just curious if anyone has used FreeScan and
ARC XT with a BCD996xt and have any pro's or con's on using these 2 diff S/W programs?
Thanks for any input

Both are fairly easy to use. Play with both and see which YOU like best. If you find them to be essentially equal.... then go with the one that is FREE.

Kennrth

Premium Subscriber
I have both. I bought a version of Butel software to program my bc785D some time back. So when I bought the BC996XT I naturally bought ARC XT. Did not know FREESCAN even existed. When I found out I downloaded it and tried it out. I have used both for sometime now. Both have their strong points but I’m convinced I could get along fine with just FREESCAN.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Software

Thanks for any input

Well, I have FREESCAN, PROSCAN, ARC 996, and ARC XT and I use them all. Each has its own uses for me and there are things I like about each and things I don't like about each. I think I tend to use ARC because I started with ARC 996 on my BCD996T. Now I use ARC XT on my BCD996XT, but I still got the other scanner too. lol ARC is much better for me to DRAG and Click talkgroups and Systems to assign keys for each. A much more visual method of showing key assignments I think. Just an opinion!

KC9LVX

Status
Not open for further replies.