Bct15 Intermod/Paging noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

aar9sm

I have been experiencing a lot of 162 mhz weather station intermod and paging noise throughout the vhf uhf bands and it really gets bad when I want to scan the 160-174 mhz federal band with and outside antenna forget it, I cannot scan through it without using the Att feature then I loose most of the signal.

I have seen others reporting this problem very recently nothing was mentioned on the earlier reviews or I would have went another way.

I would like try and get a count on just how many people are experiencing this problem. It seems that maybe Uniden might have went a little cheap on the filtering, what a shame this is a beautiful rig with a ton of features that is becoming functional only in the 800 mhz band for me. Kind of reminds me of the ole Uniden BC2500xlt had it all but intermod just killed it.

Mike

Ubbe

Nothing here regardless of antenna, amplifiers or mobile or home. It's the best scanner I have had when it comes to intermod rejection. It's almost as good as a professional 2-way radio.

Ubbe.

LarrySC

You must enter PL/DPL on all VHF/UHF freqs in order to stop the intermod. This in itself is not a 100% cure, but this is where you start. I live 1 mile from a comms Mtn. Many towers and lots of digital paging. I use Channel Master 5094A antennas. Scanning in my area is useless without PL/DPL. Even with PL I still ATT sheriff/ems and others that are on this Mtn. Do not use a LARGE antenna. Look for one with tri-band coverage and dont get it too high. It takes lots of ideas to get rid of intermod. I got rid of mine and can monitor at least 50 miles in any direction. It can be done. Good Luck

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
How can you search if you have to enabled CTCSS / DCS? That defeats the object of searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.