BCT15X finding control channel on SCPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jondes

I used the database from RR for suffolk county ny and my scanner says finding control channel for the suffolk county police frequencies.
How do i fix?
Step by step would be great.
I am using proscan

jondes

I used that frequency download to program and cannot receive any signals. This is the scanner used in my FD. It will not work on my own frequency. Any help on this would be appreciated.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I used the database from RR for suffolk county ny and my scanner says finding control channel for the suffolk county police frequencies.
How do i fix?
Step by step would be great.
I am using proscan

Insure the Suffolk County site show as Custom. Click the Band Plan button. Verify the settings are the same as the Motorola Custom Plan in this link https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=722

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Yes, Bob is correct. You need the custom band plan settings. Now this if for the county trunked system. There are going to be about 16 talk groups you will need to lock out unless you are running the audio from a discriminator tap to your pc. These 16 are digital and most are encrypted.

I used that frequency download to program and cannot receive any signals. This is the scanner used in my FD. It will not work on my own frequency. Any help on this would be appreciated.

What is your "own frequency"? You mean your fire departments freq? What fire dept are you trying to receive?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
jondes,
You have to set the band plan info manually. ProScan didn't import it because no band plan info provided from RRDB. The Motorola band plan info shown on RRDB is a couple of images and not text.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
That is a conventional freq. So that has nothing at all to do with the suffolk county trunked system or a band plan. If you are not receiving anything on that freq when your dept tones out or uses fire ground, then you might want to look at the antenna.

472.9875 is a control channel for Onevoice dmr. Your scanner will not decode that but program it in a see if you hear any noise. If not, you might have an antenna problem.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
East Northport 476.9000
I will try the custom band plan

That's a conventional channel so don't set band plan for that. When importing from RRDB, select "County Systems" and not "County Trunk Systems"

476.90000 WPWV483 RM 205 DPL E Nrthprt FD East Northport Dispatch / Operations FMN Fire Dispatch

{edit} disregard the above about selecting "County Systems" because I see you want to monitor county police and not fire. Select "County Trunk Systems". I believe you should use the bandplan info in the Misc System Information

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I program the SCPD band with to the following:
Forums / Long Island - Suffolk / Suffolk County Reband - Final - W2LIE.net | Monitor Long Island, Inc.

and when on hold still says finding contrl channel

The note below says to program offset range -1024 to +1024
where do i do that?

its also says to load rebanded standard 800 splinter 800

also where?

"rebanded" is the same as "Custom" site type.

In ProScan, click the site node (to the right shows "Freqs"). Insure the site type is set to Custom.

Click the Band Plan button. The band plan info is entered there along with the Offset.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Let's start simple:
If you put it into Wx mode, can you hear NOAA?
If you put the 22 suffolk trunk systems frequencies into the radio as conventional, can you hear anything?

If the above is no for both - do you have your squelch set too high? Do you have an antenna?

Let's start off simple and see if the scanner can at least receive anything.

I program the SCPD band with to the following:
Forums / Long Island - Suffolk / Suffolk County Reband - Final - W2LIE.net | Monitor Long Island, Inc.

and when on hold still says finding contrl channel

The note below says to program offset range -1024 to +1024
where do i do that?

its also says to load rebanded standard 800 splinter 800

also where?
Ignore all this, you are looking from data from 2010 when the system was in the process of being rebanded. Backstory - the county realized that not all radios were working properly, so they had to run a custom setup until the entire fleet could be rebanded.

The new and correct tables are located on the Suffolk County Trunk Radio page inside the RRDB.

Status
Not open for further replies.