BCTool ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

minskie

Premium Subscriber
I just downloaded & tried the new vesion of BCTool with my 396XT.

My experience with this software is limited.

I tried it out a couple of years ago with my 396T but could never get it to recognise the scanner.

Two years on, I thought I'd have another look and see what's new.

It has some nifty looking features that the others don't seem to have, but again I cannot get it to recognise the comm port/scanner.

I use ARCXTPRO and Freescan and they both find my scanner and set it up no probs automatically.

I even copied the Com Port settings that ArcPro was reporting (in my case Com 11) but still nothing.

Anyone else have difficulties with BCTool ?

It also locks up and I have to use Cntl-Alt-Del to shut it down.

It's not just on my laptop, but same problem with it on my netbook.

Shame as it looks promising. No way would I pay for the Pro version based on this though.

minskie

Premium Subscriber
Ah well, I give up. Thought I might try it one more time.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
BcTool (notice I didn't say BcTools - which is an anti virus package) has its own forums for reporting problems - did you post there and ask for help?

best regards..Mike

minskie

Premium Subscriber
BcTool (notice I didn't say BcTools - which is an anti virus package) has its own forums for reporting problems - did you post there and ask for help?

best regards..Mike

Hi Mike,

No, I'm not that fussed. It looks very good (nice looking interface etc) but I'm happy with ArcXT Pro.

Just thought I'd see what it has to offer.

Freescan & ArcXT found my scanner/port with absolutely no help from me. Automatically.

Both times I have tried BC-Tool, it has failed to do that even with my help (and on 2 seperate computers).

That is off putting.

Status
Not open for further replies.