Bearcat BC125AT-

Smeehan5

Just getting back into scanning. Live just outside of Philadelphia in Chester County and really trying to understand what frequencies work best. I understand that with Analog I will not pickup any police activity but is there something I am not aware of that could get some sort of law activity. I have the FD and EMS etc.. plugged in. Have a place in Ocean City MD as well and looking for same there

dmg1969

I have a BC125AT for listening to some analog stuff. It looks like most of the Chester County services are on a P25 Phase 2 system, which your scanner will not receive. The best you can hope for is plugging in some of the analog PD frequencies listed in the database (Chester County, Pennsylvania (PA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference) for some of the municipalities (like Coatesville, Downingtown, etc.) and see if you hear anything.

hill

Premium Subscriber
Best in OC is marine. You call also get the fire dispatches on VHF, but everything else on 800 P25.

Smeehan5

hill

Premium Subscriber
Also this scanner is great on Mil Air and that is main use for mine. A bunch of Mil Air down the coast.

Great for monitoring the Air Force fighters and tanker aircraft when the President is home in Wilmington or at the beach. You can receive that from your home.