SDS100/SDS200: Bearcat Warehouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvendt

I will soon be purchasing an SDS100. I want to by locally from Zip Scanners and have heard many good things about them. But, Bearcat Warehouse offers an extra 1 year warranty for $25.00 and are the only dealer, as far as I can see to do so. Is it worth it? I guess I'm looking for opinions if any one is willing to share legitimate ones

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I have dealt with Bearcat Warehouse and did not have any problems and if I remember right the shipping was very fast - 2 days. I remember speaking on the phone with a sales person there and he was very knowledgeable about their products. A one-year extended warranty for $25 sounds very agreeable. My legitimate opinion would be to buy your SDS100 from Bearcat Warehouse along with the $25 extended warranty (if full coverage) that is what I would do.

Just do a little research on Zip Scanners here on RR Forums and read for yourself. Then, give Bearcat Warehouse a call.

You will love the SDS100. Have fun with it!

JD
kf4anc

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I will soon be purchasing an SDS100. I want to by locally from Zip Scanners and have heard many good things about them. But, Bearcat Warehouse offers an extra 1 year warranty for $25.00 and are the only dealer, as far as I can see to do so. Is it worth it? I guess I'm looking for opinions if any one is willing to share legitimate ones
Note that on Amazon, Police Scanner Outlet is the name Bearcat Warehouse uses. Amazon usually has an optional extended warranty on electrinic devices, but I have not priced them. Also, check coverage on your credit cards, if you plan to use one. A number of them automatically exyend the Mfg.'s warranty at no cost to you.

JohnnyGent

Banned
Banned
Would't buy from anyone else. BCD436HP, and a SDS100. The best customer service in my humble opinion. BearcatWarehouse all the way.
Scan On!

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
dvendt... I'm curious where you heard good things about zip scanners? Was it in there ads?

If I could recommend that you research zip scanners. Google them and search for them here on RR and you will find multiple threads regarding that company. Do your research regarding return policies and experiences people had with them when the sds100 first came out.

Bearcat Warehouse reputation speaks for itself here on RR, as does zip scanners reputation.

Do your homework ;)

dvendt

dvendt... I'm curious where you heard good things about zip scanners? Was it in there ads?

If I could recommend that you research zip scanners. Google them and search for them here on RR and you will find multiple threads regarding that company. Do your research regarding return policies and experiences people had with them when the sds100 first came out.

Bearcat Warehouse reputation speaks for itself here on RR, as does zip scanners reputation.

Do your homework ;)
Thanks for this input. Exactly what I'm looking for. I also check Amazon's extended warrenties. You can purchase 2 and 3 year extended warranties through them whether you purchaced you unit through them or not as long as you purchase the coverage within 30 days. Less than $58.00 for the 3 year. Take it for what's worth.

Joe_Blough

You are going to pay sales tax if you are buying locally from Zipscaners plus they only have a $14 day return period and 15% restocking fee if you return a non-defective item. Bearcat Warehouse makes you pay return shipping on defective items but you do get a 30 day return period. If you are going to pay sales tax you can buy from Walmart and get a 90 day return window and free return shipping label orcreturn it to any Walmart store with no restocking fee.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Looks as if Walmart has become a force to be reckoned with in online sales, too. I can see where they may threaten the throne @ Amazon and eBay with their low prices, liberal return policies and product availability. It seems like no matter what you are planning to purchase, Walmart has it and their prices are much better and you can get free shipping to your house or store pickup sometimes the very next day. Who can compete with that?

radio3353

Looks as if Walmart has become a force to be reckoned with in online sales, too. I can see where they may threaten the throne @ Amazon and eBay with their low prices, liberal return policies and product availability. It seems like no matter what you are planning to purchase, Walmart has it and their prices are much better and you can get free shipping to your house or store pickup sometimes the very next day. Who can compete with that?

Walmart is the new Sears. Sears used to be a store that sold most everything and would take anything back, no questions asked. It was a big part of their success before the Kmart/Eddie Lampert fiasco years.

Xray

Walmart is the new Sears. Sears used to be a store that sold most everything and would take anything back, no questions asked. It was a big part of their success before the Kmart/Eddie Lampert fiasco years.

Home depot offers much the same, maybe better. They are just middlemen, fulfilling a transaction and getting a small cut of it, its not like they have most of what they offer online in stock - So the comparison with Sears is invalid. I find walmarts http sales pages convoluted, impossible to tell as far as I could see if they actually have an item in stock or if you have to mail order it, whereas home depots you can easily find out if they have it, which stores, how many are left and even what shelve it is on.

Went to one of the few surviving Sears around me yesterday by chance, got some great deals on boots and tools, I spent over $200 on impulse buys and got $100 in points to spend in a month. Unfortunately you could hard a pin drop in the place, only 5 cars out in the parking lot including mine, and the sales guy seemed mighty glad to see me walk in. I hope the survive but am not liking the odds.

radio3353

Home depot offers much the same, maybe better. They are just middlemen, fulfilling a transaction and getting a small cut of it, its not like they have most of what they offer online in stock - So the comparison with Sears is invalid...

My comparison was between Walmart and Sears, not Home Depot and Sears.

dvendt

You are going to pay sales tax if you are buying locally from Zipscaners plus they only have a $14 day return period and 15% restocking fee if you return a non-defective item. Bearcat Warehouse makes you pay return shipping on defective items but you do get a 30 day return period. If you are going to pay sales tax you can buy from Walmart and get a 90 day return window and free return shipping label orcreturn it to any Walmart store with no restocking fee.
Actually Zip Scanners pays your tax for you.

Bought my SDS100 almost a month ago from Ham Radio Outlet Milwaukee Store for $599 but with the sales tax is was around $633 I wanted to by local and have it right away and it was a little cheaper than amazon or any other place I saw online but no extended warranty

J805

No tax from zip scanners or bearcat warhouse, at least for me, shipping to California. The extra 1 year warranty for $25 can't be beat though.

Joe_Blough

No tax from zip scanners or bearcat warhouse, at least for me, shipping to California. The extra 1 year warranty for $25 can't be beat though.
Lots of credit cards give you an extra year for free and some like the Citi Double Cash back give you 2 years. Plus they will give you theft and damage protection for the first 90 days. Some will even give you a refund for the first 90 days if the store won't take it back, like they only have a 14 day return window.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Taxes are a fact of life and we were lucky for a while, but all good things come to an end. Imagine what's going to happen to all of these eBay power sellers when Paypal starts sending out 10-99s.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
ScannerMaster
Taxes are a fact of life and we were lucky for a while, but all good things come to an end. Imagine what's going to happen to all of these eBay power sellers when Paypal starts sending out 10-99s.
So Scanner Master's reputation speaks for itself also and you only pay sales tax if you are purchasing from Massachusetts or Connecticut.

Status
Not open for further replies.