Beginner tutorial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csgaraglino

I have the RS Pro-651 and with a little help form another member have been able to get it programmed for my needs for my area, thanks Dan!

Now it's bee running for that weekend and I am sterying to see some more specific needs, like creating a favs list, the ability to hold one channel, etc.

The manual blows (as most do) so I'm looking for a beginners guide to Scanning & the P651 - any help would be greatly appreciated!

csgaraglino

Another thing I think might be helpful for me (if possible) is the ability to set Fountain, CO in one group, and Colorado Springs, CO in another and then have the ability to listen to one or the other or both?

RDGDigital

I have the RS Pro-651 and with a little help form another member have been able to get it programmed for my needs for my area, thanks Dan!

Now it's bee running for that weekend and I am sterying to see some more specific needs, like creating a favs list, the ability to hold one channel, etc.

The manual blows (as most do) so I'm looking for a beginners guide to Scanning & the P651 - any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have you looked at the "Easier to Read" guide yet?

Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

Another thing I think might be helpful for me (if possible) is the ability to set Fountain, CO in one group, and Colorado Springs, CO in another and then have the ability to listen to one or the other or both?

The PRO-651 is an Object Oriented scanner, and as such objects are assigned to Scan Lists. The PRO-651 has 20 Scan List that you can assign Objects to. So, yes you can assign some objects to Scan List 1, some other to Scan List 2, etc. Then, you can toggle each Scan List on/off to choose which you want to listen to and any time.

Programming the PRO-651 manually can be tedious and prone to errors. There are three software packages listed in the Wiki that can make programming a lot easier. See...

Object Oriented Scanner Software - The RadioReference Wiki

Hope this helps.

csgaraglino

Programming the PRO-651 manually can be tedious and prone to errors. There are three software packages listed in the Wiki that can make programming a lot easier.

I used the ARC-500 software to do the programming, that went really well. So I'm going to look at it and see how easy it is to do the grouping I'm looking for.

RDGDigital

This is what it looks like in ARC500:

dRfa0Yul.jpg

Under the "Object Browser" you select either the "Conventional" or "Talkgroup" bullet. Then, find the object you want to assign to a Scan List and double-click on the cell under the "Scan Lists" column. A pop-up will appear where you can assign that object to one or more Scan Lists.

Hope this helps.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
To add slightly to what RDGDigital posted....
You can do that by simply assigning the Colorado Springs talkgroups to one scanlist (you have 20 to utilize in the scanner, plus Favorites & Skywarn.), and Fountain in a different scanlist. Turning one or both on or off is simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.