DSDPlus Benefits of upgrading to Fastlane

Status
Not open for further replies.

G8OEO

On the subject of decoding single frequencies, in my case using only DSD+ fed with a discriminator tap, is there any advantage in upgrading from DSD+ 1.101 to the Fastlane version of DSD+ ?

Does it perhaps decode any additional digital audio formats or offer any other advantages?

DRL-XM43

On the subject of decoding single frequencies, in my case using only DSD+ fed with a discriminator tap, is there any advantage in upgrading from DSD+ 1.101 to the Fastlane version of DSD+ ?

Does it perhaps decode any additional digital audio formats or offer any other advantages?

Is it working for you? Have you hit any roadblocks? If no you are probably fine.

Does it do far more - for sure but unless you are trying to solve something then carry on :)

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber

The DSD+ FL version decodes P25 PH2 using tcp linking and dongles (doesn't work via vac/discriminator tap)
If the public release provides you what you want, then no need to upgrade..
But the for the price, you can't go wrong..

a417

@G8OEO I sent you the truncated Notes file (there's about 200 lines missing where for some reason they feel the need to dump an entire capacity Plus system definition as inline text, so I cut that out). It clearly describes all the updates between the stock free version and the most recent paid ones.

One of the biggest gripes I have with DSD+ is the methods of documentation and how things are stored. If they'd update their webpage with even a teaser of this information, your question would have already been answered.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I would rather have the author(s) spend their time improving and introducing the product rather than put together a help page with information that is easily found on RR if one would bother to search. It is obvious by the repeated queries about various items such as SDR# not working that there are many who can't be bothered to do a basic Google and or RadioReference search.
There is a WIKI here on RR that allows those who feel inclined to gather knowledge together to create info and help pages on such subjects.

One of the biggest gripes I have with DSD+ is the methods of documentation and how things are stored. If they'd update their webpage with even a teaser of this information, your question would have already been answered.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Is there any advantage in upgrading from DSD+ 1.101 to the Fastlane version of DSD+ ?

If it works for you and you enjoy using it, think of the upgrade as a way to say thank you and show your support for DSD+ authors.

slicerwizard

there's about 200 lines missing where for some reason they feel the need to dump an entire capacity Plus system definition
Connect Plus.

If one just wants to listen to DMR/NXDN/P25 conventional voice, they likely won't see much benefit. If they want D-Star voice, maybe Fusion (don't recall if 1.101 does Fusion), more data decoding (text messages, GPS/AVL/LRRP type stuff), then it could be worthwhile.

a417

Connect Plus.

thinking one thing, typing another. Thanks!

I think you're wrong with the "won't see much benefit" if you're downplaying the role of TCP-linked FMP24 as an upgrade from the free version.

Last edited:

morfis

If the nickname implies a UK amateur radio callsign then it's possible that Fastlane doesn't offer huge advantages as in the UK and Europe there are far less of the systems it's use for actually deployed.
That said, for a few quid you will be supporting people who are actively developing software that is both useful and interesting to radio hobbyists so why not just stump up the cash?

xe2kaf

Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo State, México.
To the DSD+ FastLane Authors:
I have an active subscription with you since Dec, 2019 and the last update I have was The thirtieth DSD + Fast Lane release (DSD + 2,228) on Dec, 22th 2019. Since then I have not had any updates and I paid US $ 25 for unlimited Fast Lane updates. Please update me!!

gary123

maybe im stupid but I type U in DSDFastlane. I get the update is available. I click on the OK and thats where things stop. Clicking OK just returns me to DSD. I have looked all over for instructions but Im at a loss. it has to be something simple im missing.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
maybe im stupid but I type U in DSDFastlane. I get the update is available. I click on the OK and thats where things stop. Clicking OK just returns me to DSD. I have looked all over for instructions but Im at a loss. it has to be something simple im missing.

Have you gone to the Misc Menu Tab and tried clicking "Check for Updates Now" :unsure:

gary123

I am stupid. I fogot the firewall would not allow the program to access the net. Also I had to reset privileges to run as administrator.

I did that and DSD updated fine

Status
Not open for further replies.