Berkeley Co - "Incident"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know what's going on in Berkeley Co.? About 16:45 I got home (didn't take scanner fishing, and no I didn't get anything) and I heard a lot of encrypted traffic on WVSP TG 9055. I heard mention of the BCSO Trailer (guessing Crime Trailer) and intersection of Raider Lane and Dinali Drive in the Hedgesville Area. There are BCSO investigators and Troopers on the scene. Also sounds like they are blocking traffic off even from residents.

My Scanner Server was not on an UPS (thought it was but was on the wrong outlet) so I didn't catch anything from today since the power went out for a sec. On an UPS now. :)

18:47 - Heard on WVSP TG 9005, that the perp is in the living room opening the curtains.
19:00 - Apparently medics are on scene for support for LE teams. They are also going to switch out teams. I think it might be a stand-off situation. Unsure of what the perp apparently did.

WOW..Journal News is on top of it...

MARTINSBURG - West Virginia State Police remain at a standoff with a gunman holding a female hostage. Police were dispatched this morning at 11:47 a.m. to what was called a domestic situation on Raider Lane in the Ridgefield subdivision. The residence is surrounded by the West Virginia State Police SWAT team. Police say they are in contact with the suspect. No injuries have been reported. The Berkeley County Sheriff's Department and fire and EMS personnel are also on the scene. Look for further updates.

http://www.journal-news.net/page/content.detail/id/520935.html?nav=5006
http://www.herald-mail.com/?cmd=displaystory&story_id=224985&format=html

19:07 - BCSO reported that Red Cross is setup at Hedgesville High School for support.

Last edited:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I think something's going to happen very soon. BCSO unit asked another to go to a residence with people on the porch to go inside and stay there since the WVSP trooper did not want them outside.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
You guys get all the excitement out there in the eastern panhandle......LOL

Yeah, but most good traffic is encrypted. I think its still going on. A lot of encrypted traffic on 9055.

I think they need to end it when he pops his head out of the curtains again or when they do arrest him send him an invoice for everything.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Still going on. According to the articles, there has been no contact with the female since last night.

14:00 - BCSO calling in EMS. Advised dispatch that it isn't a hurry.
14:28 - Tropper stated they are letting people back into their homes now. They are also setting up an LZ. Not sure if it's to fly people out or something to do with the suspect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.