Berkeley County Fire Dispatch (Conventional)

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlong

Database Admin
All,

I've been monitoring the listed conventional frequency (453.525) and CT code for the Berkeley Co. Fire Dispatch and it doesn't seem like there is any connect tone that stays consistant. The database lists 141.3 CT, but my 2096 and 96 want to decode a steady DPL of 734. Can anyone else confirm if this is a change? Thanks.

Joseph11

Connect tones are not used with conventional systems. "CT" means "CTCSS", or "Continuous Tone-Coded Squelch System". It's the same as PL.

atlong

Database Admin
I think you've misunderstood my post. I mention conventional as opposed to their trunked system. Its a single channel/frequency used for paging/dispatching of FD personnel, like many jurisdictions use for alerting who have TRS'.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
atlong said:
All,

I've been monitoring the listed conventional frequency (453.525) and CT code for the Berkeley Co. Fire Dispatch and it doesn't seem like there is any connect tone that stays consistant. The database lists 141.3 CT, but my 2096 and 96 want to decode a steady DPL of 734. Can anyone else confirm if this is a change? Thanks.

that's the old Sheriff's Dept freq. :)

I'll monitor it tonight and see what I find out.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
atlong said:
All,

you are correct

734 is being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.