Bermuda Coast Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Seems Bermuda recently has opened their own local Coast Guard unit.

Bermuda Coast Guard Unit | Government of Bermuda

Royal Navy in area as well flying their choppers around.

One opinion is maybe since UK no longer part of EU they are paying more service attention
now to their overseas territories..
If needed the US Coast Guard not too far away :)

storm777

Premium Subscriber
I tracked the arrival of UK war ship RFA Argus in the British Virgin Islands on Friday. They--along with assets from many other nations--will also be involved in the counter-narcotics joint interagency task force that SecDef spoke of, oh...a few weeks ago vis a vis Venezuela.

Colombian Navy/Naval air, USCG/USN/DHS CBP, French, Peruvian & Dutch navies, Dutch Caribbean & Jamaican Coast Guards are what I've tracked so far. I'll be watching for the Bermuda Coast Guard; thanks for the heads up, @Mark .

20200419_141037.jpg

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Yeah Storm been busy down that way.. USAF has been flying daily E-3 and E-8C aircraft
scouring the waterways for traffic around Yucatan Peninsula and over on the Pacific side.
Bermuda CG may start off more like a glorified harbor patrol till they get some bigger ships but
glad to see them take care of themselves like that.Course CG patrol should have more firepower.
Nice work on the Argus. Quite a capable ship.
This twitter link Hotspots show a bit of USAF tracking down that way.

Last edited:

storm777

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I caught those USAF birds, & Customs P-3s have also been active there & on the Pacific side.

The USS Preble has passed through the Panama Canal and is on patrol in the Caribbean now. There's another unidentified warship transiting the canal right now.

I'm glad Bermuda started their CG up. Every little bit helps.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Bermuda is probably afraid Trump is going to wage war on them because of - whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.