Best Scanner For New Wake P25 System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnYourSix

NY --> NC
Premium Subscriber
@Chris0516 how long do your batteries last? I was looking at the 325P2 and heard the batteries don't last more than like 6 hours? It might work as a backup when I don't have my county radio with me, so I don't need them to last that long.

The only difference between the SDS100/200, and the 325p2/996p2. Is the complexity of the p2 scanners. I prefer my 325p2(handheld) to the SDS100(handheld) because:

1. $200 cost difference
2. Physical design of scanner shell allows it to stand up. Without fear of knocking it over
3. 325p2 has 83x the number of channels, that the SDS100 has
4. The orange backlit screen on the 325p2 illuminates the black text, in the dark. When toggling the knob. The SDS100 has a multi-colored display, on a black background. Which can be distracting.

OnYourSix

NY --> NC
Premium Subscriber
@WA4MAC I was actually looking into this for a second way to broadcast, but it seems like a lot of work. I actually might look into the Raspberry Pi devices to broadcast, and then go with the 325P2.

Two SDR dongles w/ Unitrunker and DSD Plus. Cost is about $50.

Chris0516

@Chris0516 how long do your batteries last? I was looking at the 325P2 and heard the batteries don't last more than like 6 hours? It might work as a backup when I don't have my county radio with me, so I don't need them to last that long.
While I use re-chargeable batteries, since I don't take it outside. I keep it plugged up to a USB cable. That is connected to my tower 24/7.

The batteries don't last more than 6hrs. IF, you only use battery power.

Status
Not open for further replies.