Bexar County Jail Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrotumola

Shortly before 11:00 am this morning, my collection of radios exploded in a cacophony of chaos. The Bexar County Sheriff's office hit E-tones announcing that 3 high risk prisoners had escaped. It was soon learned that all three suspects were being held on charges of capital murder. In a manner of a few minutes, a command post was established on SO Tac 3 and Tac 4 was also assigned for units on the manhunt. It was truly all hands on deck... every division from the Sheriff's department were activated and I understand even off duty jailers were pushed into service. Even more radios lit up as SAPD Central patrol joined up with activity. Eagle and DPS 107 were airborne, along with numerous DPS violent crimes task force, US Marshals and Lone Star Fugitive Task Force people checking in. The Central Dispatcher did a tremendous job maintaining her own traffic load and relaying pertinent info regarding suspect intel, locations of known associates and reported sightings. It was indeed organized chaos. An inner perimeter around the jail was put on lockdown and an outer perimeter was also established. In a very short time, SO was active on Gold, SAPD and their various units were active on Blue, DPS was active on BOTH and SAUA. I can honestly say that there were literally hundreds and hundreds of officers involved in the manhunt. Within 40 minutes, the escapees had been located, pursued and brought back in to custody. The stakes were high, but this was a tremendous operation that was brought to resolution very quickly. Job well done by all involved.

NC5267

I caught a little of the escape traffic. Was SO and City patched at all during the manhunt? I couldn't tell with all of the different channels being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.