Biddeford PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1xd

Anybody monitoring Biddeford PD?

I'm considering setting up a live audio feed and would like to get info on scanners compatible with their system. I believe they are P25. Let me know what equipment you use, frequencies monitored, etc.

Thanks...
Dave
k1xd

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
Hi Dave-

I'm from the area originally, and visit every few years or so... As of last year, I was able to copy Biddeford PD with no problems on my Uniden BCD396T and RS PRO-96 HTs. Of course, there are lots of newer scanners that you can use--especially since I believe BPD uses a NAC on their radios, but I don't think you'd need all those bells and whistles. I'm fairly certain any scanner that can handle digital ought to work just fine. Never would have guessed that we'd ever be discussing digital signals from a place like Biddeford--I guess times do change...

Would love to see a feed again from your area--I've been missing the sounds of home ever since Alex from Peak's Island hung up his Southern Maine feed, last year. I hope he's doing OK.

Best of luck to you,

k1xd

Thanks for the information. I will probably feed: Biddeford PD, Saco PD and OOB PD. Saco and OOB are conventional analog channels.

Do you remember if the Biddeford P25 signals were encryted at all ?

Lobstah_Guy

Thanks for the information. I will probably feed: Biddeford PD, Saco PD and OOB PD. Saco and OOB are conventional analog channels.

Do you remember if the Biddeford P25 signals were encryted at all ?

Occasionally they encryption but only for what can be assumed to be
sensitive information, otherwise they are mostly in the clear.

k1xd

Thanks for the help. That answers my questions.
Look for a feed sometime soon ( this Spring ) for: Biddeford PD, Saco PD and OOB PD.

Next, is to find a P25 radio or scanner and computer.

Dave
k1xd

N1BHH

You can get cheap computers on Craigslist. Just wipe it or get one with a clean install of XP or better and be sure that you dedicate it to a feed. Some people try to do feeds and web surf with the same machine. You really need to dedicate a machine to a feed. You're going to need a router if you haven't got one already, they're cheap enough as they are, too.

Either of the GRE/Radio Shack and Uniden P-25 capable scanners will do it with a decent antenna.

fkarl

I have the new feed up and running now, Biddeford and Saco PD, Fire and EMS.

Biddeford and Saco Police, Fire, EMS Live Scanner Audio Feed

Have a listen !

Dave
K1xd

What a great surprise to find this feed up on my way out of work this morning! Thank You!

I'm still hoping that a Portland feed shows up soon.... I have a Pro-164 and can listen at work but not at home yet..... too far out at about 18 miles I guess. Picked up a new antenna today that I hope will help.

k1xd

Dave,

Saco and Biddeford FD's are both dispatched on 158.7825. Saco units switch to
151.28 (Saco Fire Ground) while Biddeford units switch to 151.145 (Biddeford Fire
Ground)

Thanks for the info. I've changed the feed accordingly.

Dave
k1xd

Status
Not open for further replies.