Big fire in Santa Cruz Mts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norman

A fire started this am in the Santa Cruz Mts and has grown to 1,000 acres according to CH 2 TV from the Bay Area. No air tankers are currently flying this fire. Cmd 1 (151.355) T9, Tac 2, Tac 6 and 151.295 are being used by Cal Fire. The fire is moving SE from Summit Rd toward the Gilroy area. Gusty winds, but not low humidity. Not looking good.
Norm kc6zwt.

damn we posted at the same time! sounds like they are ordering some air tankers now. They are calling Monterey ECC to open Hollister air base for long term fire retardant? 1,200 acres now

Last edited:

Big_Ears

Looks like they are going to make a stand on Summit Rd. County Fire is also using White 1 for coordinating incoming Strike Teams. Staging is now being changed to the church on Corollitos Rd.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Wow it's just huge now with plenty of fuel to keep it going. Not good!

Live video: mms://a1710.l1190848531.c11908.n.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1710/11908/v0001/reflector:48531

Wish I could use Teamspeak here at work! Anyone have a windows media stream of the scanner? I tried publicsafetyfeeds.com but that feed's down apparently.

-AZ

trooperdude

Database Admin
AZScanner said:
Wish I could use Teamspeak here at work! Anyone have a windows media stream of the scanner? I tried publicsafetyfeeds.com but that feed's down apparently.

It's my feed and even I can't listen to it here at work because of the
firewall .:evil:

I'll see if I can get an IceCast feed up tonight, but It will be after 6 pm

IF I don't get paged-out on this.

I'll also put remote on that computer, so I can control the PCR-1000 that's
running the feed, and add freqs on the fly. Also swing the beam south.

This will be a campaign fire for at least a week.

Last edited:

scankid2591

yeah theres 3 fires burning right now...

air-ground is on 151.22
air tactics is on 122.925

N780J(?), "456", copter 106 and 902, and "CHP 30" are fighting the fire. I can pick up the air tactics from my house surprisingly.

North County had a strike team going to the Summit Fire, but got call back in Prunedale for a fire. update sounds like they have a hand on it now. Cancel strike team send them back to Summit Fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.