Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
BS it's not for the DNC, there were more last night but tonight they shook my windows on the 28th floor!

FFL and Air 1 were both trying to talk to them on air to air and other common channels, nothing. Lots of discussion about them on the media frequencies also, at one point Mike Silva was following one group and giving play by play in 450.1125

Guess there saying it will continue through Friday.

Jim<

Last edited:

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Any interesting info. on this? Frequencies? Or is this Top Secret
It's so secret even they don't even know what they're doing!:lol:

Scanners with the nifty "signal stalker" mode are quite handy for finding them though.

They say it's not about the convention, but I don't believe them.
It's all about that. It's all about that.

"Beam weapons", black helicopters, secret squirrels it's already here.

Oh yeah booger 2 doesn't have enough /\/\otorola radios.

Last edited:
DNC Ghetto Birds

Hi All, I'm just above the Red Rocks Amphitheater and had a very dark helo running around for about 30 or so minutes. I contacted CSP, they transferred me to Jeff Co and then back to confirm that they are prepping for the convention.

The radio has been very quiet...

-Mike

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
The Callsigns for the Helo's are this. LEROY's are the H-500's, and EXIT's are the H-60's. FYI, their calling Buckley home for a while...

I've love to get their A/A freq!

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
F-16

Note sure if F-16's are part of this training exercise, but saw one earlier today shoot over head at around 16:00 over Loveland with a heading of about 45° going North East. Altitude looked to be around 3000' AMSL at least.

Last edited:

poltergeisty

Banned
Why would they need Delta Force for the DNC convention?

Interesting correlation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Special_Operations_Command

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Force

While in ROTC, my teacher was a Green Beret. He said during the Vietnam War they would train all the time. Sometimes I guess they would repel from buildings all day long. :)

Off topic, but if anyone wants some good info. on "Delta", read
Code:
Inside Delta Force by Eric L. Haney.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/5houu2 http://tinyurl.com/5houu2

-Pic below-

**http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiowa**

:lol: Night stalkers... with tomahawks???

Last edited:

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
There was an H-500 buzzing around up in Denver a few years ago when Bush was at the Inverness. We watched it from our building when I worked in the Tech Center. It was doing essentially search patterns looking for interesting people near the hotel.

DPD1

Why would they need Delta Force for the DNC convention?

Typically you wouldn't, but the 160th can also work with other operators. The 160th has been deploying around the country a lot more over the last few years doing urban exercises in various places. I seriously doubt it has anything directly to do with the convention, because the last thing they would do is tip their hand. Plus, that's really not their thing. I would guess it's either a coincidence they chose that area to run a training ex, or they purposely did it to show a sign a force for the convention.

Dave
www.DPDProductions.com
Antennas & Accessories for the RF Professional & Radio Hobbyist

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Yea Right!!!

"The training is not connected to the Democratic National Convention and no specific threats led the team to come to Denver, according to Ruh. The DNC Convention in Denver kicks off in late August."

If all you'all believe that, I've got some prime lush farmland I'll sell you in Cicso, Utah! Twice denying in the article the exercises have nothing to do with the DNC only confirms my suspicion that that is exactly what they are training for. And why shouldn't they, this convention is going to be a major big time security deal. I work in Dallas, and this city has never lived down the events that occured here November 22, 1963. Mention Dallas, Texas and two names come to mind; JR Ewing and JFK. Its better to be fully prepared for anything.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
A C-17 just landed @ BKF. I wonder what he went to go pick up???

poltergeisty

Banned
Note sure if F-16's are part of this training exercise, but saw one earlier today shoot over head at around 16:00 over Loveland with a heading of about 45° going North East. Altitude looked to be around 3000' AMSL at least.

Edit~ Oops! AGL!! :lol: 3000' AGL. He would be in the ground if it was MSL. :lol: Guess I have a little Ruskie in me..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.