• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Bluetooth for G4/G5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

verhoffj1

Premium Subscriber
I’m going to give it a try. Will post results once I get everything in and hooked up in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well it's been a few months can you tell me your results? I'm on the fence about buying it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

verhoffj1

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible to have the sequence in text since I am unable to see which button is being pushed because of the finger in the way.
You press the yellow button use the middle toggle button to scroll down till you see Bluetooth device then you press the blue button on the far left to turn it on.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
You press the yellow button use the middle toggle button to scroll down till you see Bluetooth device then you press the blue button on the far left to turn it on.

Thank you!

gibersop

I wish it came out fitted with a 3.5 mm headset Jack.

You could get a double female too fix that, or just look really haha lol to find one. I just searched 12v bluetooth receiver.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Well it's been a few months can you tell me your results? I'm on the fence about buying it.

Sorry forgot to update. I didn’t like using Bluetooth as it had to connect and disconnect every time. Caused a little delay.

etihparg

Premium Subscriber
Bluetooth

I have successfully connected to a Tenergy bluetooth speaker with my G4. All I get is some tones at the beginning of each receiving transmission. I can live with this for now and hopefully a firmware update will fix that. Keep in mind, I have only had my G4 for about a week now and by no means am I an expert. But, it will connect, and not to my JBL Charge 3..https://www.ebay.com/p/Tenergy-Mini...peaker-Mic/1301487461?iid=291158328528&chn=ps

radio3353

Thanks,
Just ordered the last one, will try it out.

Excellent. The only downside I have with it is unless you are using an amplified speaker you need to up the volume knob on the G4/G5 to get sufficient volume. The Bluetooth transmitter has no volume control and the volume out of it is a little low. I usually have to turn my G4 volume up to 75. Otherwise, it performs well for me.

verhoffj1

Premium Subscriber
To do what? Are you trying to plug a speaker/headphone into the G4/G5 USB jack? That would not work. The USB jack is for battery charging.
I'm looking for a DC cable for my Amplified charger anybody have any recommendations? That way I can take the Amplified charger in the car with me where I can actually hear it.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking for a DC cable for my Amplified charger anybody have any recommendations? That way I can take the Amplified charger in the car with me where I can actually hear it.

I will check the dimensions of the connector, tomorrow. It should be easy to find a cable.

Sent using Tapatalk

texas1313

Premium Subscriber
Bluetooth pairing

Hello everyone

I've tried connecting 2 different Bluetooth headsets to my G5.

The first is a Plantronics Explorer 24 240 (BT Version 2.1), and the other is a new Jabra Classic (BT Version 4.0) out of the box.

The G5 bluetooth does not see either one. Yes, the BT on the G5 is turned on, and it is visible, and I've even left the "search" function on for several minutes.

Both BT headsets are fully charged, and they are working as my cell phone can see them when searching.

No other Bluetooth devices are on in the area when I try to connect to the G5, so there is no possibility of interference.

The Jabra Classic claim to be "fully backward compatible with other Bluetooth devices that have Bluetooth version 2.0 or later, with Headset Profile (HSP) version 1.2 or later and Hands Free Profile (HFP) version 1.5 or later. "

What I did notice is the Bluetooth indicator light on the G5 never turns on or blinks or anything.

Any ideas or clues? Someone earlier stated they got the Jabra classic to at least connect.

Thanks

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone

I've tried connecting 2 different Bluetooth headsets to my G5.

The first is a Plantronics Explorer 24 240 (BT Version 2.1), and the other is a new Jabra Classic (BT Version 4.0) out of the box.

The G5 bluetooth does not see either one. Yes, the BT on the G5 is turned on, and it is visible, and I've even left the "search" function on for several minutes.

Both BT headsets are fully charged, and they are working as my cell phone can see them when searching.

No other Bluetooth devices are on in the area when I try to connect to the G5, so there is no possibility of interference.

The Jabra Classic claim to be "fully backward compatible with other Bluetooth devices that have Bluetooth version 2.0 or later, with Headset Profile (HSP) version 1.2 or later and Hands Free Profile (HFP) version 1.5 or later. "

What I did notice is the Bluetooth indicator light on the G5 never turns on or blinks or anything.

Any ideas or clues? Someone earlier stated they got the Jabra classic to at least connect.

Thanks
Did you enable the headphone, too? Both are needed to connect.

KISS principle: You did put the headset in pairing mode, correct?

Sent using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.