BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Blutooth small Transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrthor3232

Premium Subscriber
I have a Bluetooth head set that will support up to two devices and looking for a small Bluetooth transmitter to attach to the headphone jack that is small. So i can stream the scanner while I going about my day. I do not want a wire on that I just want it to attach to the jack. Dose anyone have any ideas or what have you guys have used? Thanks in advanced

SkiBob

Premium Subscriber
I would not suggest doing this. You won't get any range out a Bluetooth transmitter. Wireless headphones would be a better option. Depending on the model, you can get some really good range. I own these and can go all over the yard with them and never lose range or quality of sound.
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-RS...417570756&sr=8-3&keywords=wireless+headphones

Here is another thread with the same questions asked:

http://forums.radioreference.com/ne...orum/282342-wireless-antenna-remote-head.html

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
If the OP is like me, Bluetooth is the main requirement, not the range. I use a high quality Bluetooth headset throughout the day that is paired with my desk phone and cell phone. While not on a call, I would also like to listen to audio from my BCD436HP. I do not want to wear wired earphones or another wireless audio device as I am already using one. Range is not an issue for me as the scanner would be on my desk at arm’s reach or on my belt when I am out and about. Anyone have a Bluetooth transmitter recommendation?

Last edited:

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
It would really need to be a scanner with Bluetooth. There are professional radios that have Bluetooth add-ons, but these radios are very expensive and limited when it comes to scanning. If you are talking about Ham Radios, these would not scan trunked systems. Another radio would be expensive anyway compared to a Bluetooth module that would plug into a 3.5mm audio jack.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Bluetooth

I purchased a Bluetooth transmitter on ebay to use with my scanner or music and headphones. I can listen anywhere in my house and even part of the basement without problems. 3 5mm Wireless Bluetooth A2DP Stereo HiFi Audio Dongle Adapter Transmitter | eBay

The one in the link is on bids. I got mine with buy it now for around $15.00. Be careful if you order one. The first vendor I tried actually sent a receiver because he didn't know the difference and his description was wrong. Also, quality may vary as they are in the same category as low end HT radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.