OP25 Boatbod pull: 2 systems, audio and udp stream questions

louis2322

Feed Provider
Hey all, so this question is directed at @boatbod or maybe someone who has played with his fork of OP25 and figured out these questions.
So running on latest LTS Ubuntu(i5, 16gb ram, ssd, external graphics, basically overkill), the 2 system 2 cfg json with dual sound cards piping one system to one speaker set and the other to another speaker set
What Im trying to see if its possible to be done is a 3-4 step plan:
1: get the GUI for OP25 available on my network externally as opposed to having to only see at local console(this i think is just a ufw firewall issue that I can easily figure out)
2: Im using the 2 sys 2 rtl json and cfg, and would like to pipe to the left speaker system 1 and the right system 2. Using 2 sound devices for the ultimate goal i have is not conducive for the next step.
3: At this time, Im not sending to icecast or RR(maybe after i get stable the primary goal). But i need to UDP stream the audio(bonus points if I can also keep onboard sound card able to allow local monitoring)
4: (this is my above and beyond)On the UDP stream, can i interweave metadata from OP25 to show in a appropriately configured player(vlc) the sysname, tgid alias, and the UID, or is it only on the op25 gui?

If anyone is familiar with RadioFeed(I use to host a local FD channel) the webpage it provides is kinda similar to what Im attempting.

louis2322

Feed Provider
Hey all, so this question is directed at @boatbod or maybe someone who has played with his fork of OP25 and figured out these questions.
So running on latest LTS Ubuntu(i5, 16gb ram, ssd, external graphics, basically overkill), the 2 system 2 cfg json with dual sound cards piping one system to one speaker set and the other to another speaker set
What Im trying to see if its possible to be done is a 3-4 step plan:
1: get the GUI for OP25 available on my network externally as opposed to having to only see at local console(this i think is just a ufw firewall issue that I can easily figure out)
2: Im using the 2 sys 2 rtl json and cfg, and would like to pipe to the left speaker system 1 and the right system 2. Using 2 sound devices for the ultimate goal i have is not conducive for the next step.
3: At this time, Im not sending to icecast or RR(maybe after i get stable the primary goal). But i need to UDP stream the audio(bonus points if I can also keep onboard sound card able to allow local monitoring)
4: (this is my above and beyond)On the UDP stream, can i interweave metadata from OP25 to show in a appropriately configured player(vlc) the sysname, tgid alias, and the UID, or is it only on the op25 gui?

If anyone is familiar with RadioFeed(I use to host a local FD channel) the webpage it provides is kinda similar to what Im attempting.
I found so far this for #2 and #3 i think..

wgbecks

RE: #1

multi_rx.py

},
"terminal": {
"module": "terminal.py",
"#terminal_type": "curses",
"terminal_type": "http:0.0.0.0:8080",
"terminal_timeout": 5.0,
"curses_plot_interval": 0.2,
"http_plot_interval": 1.0,
"http_plot_directory": "../www/images",
"tuning_step_large": 1200,
"tuning_step_small": 100
}

rx.py
-l http:0.0.0.0:8080

RE: #2 & #3

There's no need for two sound devices if you goal is to have separate "Left" and "Right" audio channels playing separate
p25 systems or separate grouping of talk groups on the same system. This task can be accomplished using Liquidsoap along with
op25 whereby options exist to create a local stereo audio source or to combine both into the equivalent of a monophonic
audio channel while still retaining the capability to stream the two systems independently.

RE: #4

OP25 can direct alpha tags separately and independently during talk group activity to separate audio streams be they are
directed to a local Icecast server or are being directed to a public server such as BCFY. OP25 cannot combine alpha tags
from two or more voce channel receives onto a single audio stream.

boatbod

If you're going to make the gui available externally I STRONGLY URGE YOU TO ONLY DO IT VIA A SECURE MECHANISM (e.g. SSH tunnel). Simply opening the port to the outside world on your firewall makes a very real opportunity for someone to hack your system through malicious code injection, buffer overrun or other exploit. As it stands now, the gui is totally unprotected in any way and there are no security mechanisms employed on the back end server.

louis2322

Feed Provider
If you're going to make the gui available externally I STRONGLY URGE YOU TO ONLY DO IT VIA A SECURE MECHANISM (e.g. SSH tunnel). Simply opening the port to the outside world on your firewall makes a very real opportunity for someone to hack your system through malicious code injection, buffer overrun or other exploit. As it stands now, the gui is totally unprotected in any way and there are no security mechanisms employed on the back end server.
Oh no, im already covered there. its only going to be inside a closed loop network(this network has no external network connection for internet)

boatbod

Oh no, im already covered there. its only going to be inside a closed loop network(this network has no external network connection for internet)
Good.

Most everything else you want to do is possible with the exception of passing RID via metadata which is not presently supported. I've had a couple requests to add that, which I will probably do once I get some free time to dig into it.