Boni-whip power supply questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laffen

I just bought a Boni-whip. I am struggling to figure out what power supply I can use. It is listed in the manual that it should have 12-15v and max 40mah. Stupid question maybe, but can I use anything of power supply as long as it has 12v? For example, a universal? What do you use?

G7RUX

I just bought a Boni-whip. I am struggling to figure out what power supply I can use. It is listed in the manual that it should have 12-15v and max 40mah. Stupid question maybe, but can I use anything of power supply as long as it has 12v? For example, a universal? What do you use?
In principle, any 12V supply with the required output current capability should do the job.

However, in practice things are, as ever, a little more complicated.

Cheap supplies are likely switched-mode and can be noisy, possibly injecting this noise into your otherwise fine receive system. A well-regulated, well-suppressed supply will likely cost a little more. A really nice, quiet linear supply might be a little more again but I would suggest that, having spent good money on an active antenna, receiver system and presumably reasonable feeder then it would be daft to ruin the performance by skimping on the PSU.

I believe the Boni-Whip uses a DC-feed block does it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.