Bonner Springs Fire Department

Bill5489

Premium Subscriber
Good Morning does anyone know if the Bonner Springs Fire Department has switched radio channels or has switched over to Encrypted Radio channels I've noticed that they have not had any activity on their radio channels since February 10th

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
They are dispatched on the same primary talkgroup as KCK Fire, which is unencrypted.
KCKFD has been patching their primary talkgroup (37015) with Bonner FD's Primary (37085). I've heard them on both. I'm not entirely sure why they're patching. I know KCKPD has only been using 2 dispatch talkgroups instead of 4. East and Midtown use 37000, and South and West patrol use 37002. I haven't seen any activity on 37001 (Midtown) and 37003 (South) for quite some time. I'm guessing the Unified Govt's dispatch center is critically understaffed again.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Midtown division was dissolved and is no more; only East, West and South remain, and yes, they are very understaffed.
That's unfortunate. I heard staffing levels went up pre-covid. I'm guessing all of the mandatory OT ran the good people off. It's been a vicious cycle with them since the early 2000's.