Boston fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighGuard

I noticed that the boston fire broadcast is offline for a couple days now, anyone happen to know what's up with that?

HighGuard

Yes I was aware of those things. I was hoping someone might simply know the reason why, or prehaps the person who runs it is on here and would say it's either down for good or he's just taking it offline for a few days.

Hello all. I don't want to take this question the wrong way. I appreciate those who have live broadcasted Boston Fire channels over the internet. I remember the good old days when you had to open it on windows media player. For years, whoever is broadcasting it seems to have a weak signal with a lot of static. The other day I noticed when you open the app you have to listen to a commercial first which is in a digital recording. Now I just noticed that the live feed is also digitalized audio, going from a recording of an analog channel with a lot of poor radio reception with static, now the digital recording Is so muffled its now impossible to understand anything on it. I swear back in the mid 2000s streaming the channel from windows media player, you feel like you were still sitting in the dispatch console that's how clear it came thru the computer speakers. Again not singling out a specific radio feed. I would say I am just disappointed in Broadcastify's system. Anyone else experiencing this?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
The other day I noticed when you open the app you have to listen to a commercial first which is in a digital recording.

Those that are using the resources of the Broadcastify service for free will hear the ads play before the feeds. Premium subscribers do not hear the ads.

Now I just noticed that the live feed is also digitalized audio, going from a recording of an analog channel with a lot of poor radio reception with static, now the digital recording Is so muffled its now impossible to understand anything on it. I swear back in the mid 2000s streaming the channel from windows media player, you feel like you were still sitting in the dispatch console that's how clear it came thru the computer speakers. Again not singling out a specific radio feed. I would say I am just disappointed in Broadcastify's system. Anyone else experiencing this?

If the agency being streamed is broadcasting live in a digital format, or a digitized voice dispatching system, then the feed from the private volunteer providing the stream to Broadcastify is going to be in that digital format. Broadcastify does not provide the actual content of the feed, they are a hosting platform only.

From the link in post #2 above,

"All feeds on RadioReference are provided by volunteers with physical
scanners. RadioReference has little control over the availability or
stability of the feeds, we just provide the hosting platform."

You can use the "Report A Problem" button on that particular feed provider's page to contact them directly with your concerns.

Last edited:

HighGuard

Hello all. I don't want to take this question the wrong way. I appreciate those who have live broadcasted Boston Fire channels over the internet. I remember the good old days when you had to open it on windows media player. For years, whoever is broadcasting it seems to have a weak signal with a lot of static. The other day I noticed when you open the app you have to listen to a commercial first which is in a digital recording. Now I just noticed that the live feed is also digitalized audio, going from a recording of an analog channel with a lot of poor radio reception with static, now the digital recording Is so muffled its now impossible to understand anything on it. I swear back in the mid 2000s streaming the channel from windows media player, you feel like you were still sitting in the dispatch console that's how clear it came thru the computer speakers. Again not singling out a specific radio feed. I would say I am just disappointed in Broadcastify's system. Anyone else experiencing this?
Yeah, its been terrible the last couple days. The scanner has been up and down the last month, so I'm hoping its just trouble with the equipment that made whoever has the physical equipment to switch to another scanner for the time being

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Yeah, its been terrible the last couple days. The scanner has been up and down the last month, so I'm hoping its just trouble with the equipment that made whoever has the physical equipment to switch to another scanner for the time being

Have you sent a message directly to the feed provider to find out what's up?

It's possible that the feed provider is not aware of the problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.