Brand new and cannot believe all that is happening out there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stchamber11

Got a new radio shack pro-106 and scanning greater Hartford/Middletown CT, and cannot believe all that happens around here all day long! I have not even put Hartford or the state police in yet as I am learning this very complex scanner - darn thing can scan just about everything! Lots of studing to do, as this place and the net is full of info. LED lights programmed with a channel!!!!

DPD1

Sounds like you're having fun... That's what it's all about.

45SigSauer

That's why I tell everyone to buy/borrow a scanner and go to the town/neighborhood they are thinking about moving to, in some cases you'll be surprised at what you will find out.
Welcome to RR, and the hobby.

jclarkr6

Welcome to the exciting world of scanning! It's great to hear that you are enjoying your new Pro-106. I can remember how excited I was when I first got my BCD396XT up and running. If you ever need any help, don't hesitate to ask questions in the various RadioReference forums, as their is a lot of help available if you seek it out. There is also a special Radio Shack forum that could prove useful in getting answers to specific questions about your scanner. Welcome to the site and have fun with your Pro-106!

stchamber11

Thanks for the welcomes all! Today, officer askes dispatch to ask woman to come out on steps, dispatch says woman will not as she thinks everyone is aliens, officer forgetting about protocol asks are you serious? I laughed my butt off!

DPD1

You'd be amazed how many people like that are out there.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Yea, these things will squash any remaining faith in humanity that you have. Lol

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Aliens? She's quite right you know, you can always tell when an officer says "we have a language barrier here". (;->) Seriously, you'd be surprised to hear the nonsense behind all those "call the cops" scenarios and the even nuttier things they find when they get there, people are crazy and it shows. Happy scanning and be sure to fasten your seat belt, you can get hurt falling out of your chair and ROTFLOLing.

K7CAR

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Yea, these things will squash any remaining faith in humanity that you have. Lol

You're very right there! Listening to what they have to deal with every day and night is staggering. If the general public had any idea they would be shocked I bet. My hat goes off to the ones that protect and serve.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber

Yes, I think there would be alot leas crime if everyone had one of these, along with less stupid calls. I appreciate public safety ALOT more after listening for a couple years now.

K7CAR

Yes, all the silly calls! I heard 8-10 residential smoke alarm calls prior to x-mas that were all burnt food on or in the stove. I guess people hear a smoke alarm go off and instantly call FD? Everyone has a cell phone now, I'm amazed at how many DUI calls I hear after midnight and most have revoked drivers license or outstanding warrants. Some people never learn!......:)

One cool feature I did discover after hearing a close by address on a fire call was Goggle Maps Street View. They now have a street view where you can enter an address and then click on the little man and it brings up a street view picture. Looks like a picture every 3 seconds as they drove. You can rotate the picture, zoom and do a virtual drive up and down the roads almost as if you were there. Kinda creepy really as it puts privacy at an issue I would think. Now I can punch up an address and see what's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.