HP-2: Brennin

Status
Not open for further replies.

brennin

Among Uniden user's, which scanner is recommended more, the HP2 or the 535, or 996 model ? Thanks.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
More info

Ok - we need to know more info.

Do you know what you want in a scanner? P25 Phase I ? Phase II ? DMR? etc. This helps scope which ones will work for you.

What is your Scanner Tech level. Easier scanners to learn tend to be the HP line . But I am technical but still like the HP line. The 436/536 are great models too.

I love my HP-2 and have had a 536 which was great and had a few more options to purchase like DMR and ProVoice but always liked the display and ease of the HP2 more.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Among Uniden user's, which scanner is recommended more, the HP2 or the 535, or 996 model ? Thanks.

Ok - we need to know more info.

Do you know what you want in a scanner? P25 Phase I ? Phase II ? DMR? etc. This helps scope which ones will work for you.

What is your Scanner Tech level. Easier scanners to learn tend to be the HP line . But I am technical but still like the HP line. The 436/536 are great models too.

I love my HP-2 and have had a 536 which was great and had a few more options to purchase like DMR and ProVoice but always liked the display and ease of the HP2 more.
In addition to what rvacs has said, your location (city or county, plus state) would help make a better recommendation, as that give information om what sort of systems are in your area. Also, your interests- police, fire, EMS, aircraft?

brennin

Took a while, but finally got an HP 2. It's a learn as you go experience but I like the scanner. Surprisingly, many folks I met who have one never update them.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
That sort of defeats the purpose of having a database scanner. If you travel with the scanner, keeping it updated is especially important.

Last edited:

brennin

Thanks for the response. I agree. Thats why I'm slowly learning to use the pc with it. One scanner retailer said that HP 2 is self updating & needs only to have a zip Point is, that is a common misleading sales pitch

Thanks. I agree. I'm slowly learning to us the pc to keep it updated. The sales pitch can be misconstrued.

Status
Not open for further replies.