Broadcastify Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ke4ldu

I have tried for 2 days to setup a raspberry pi with a sdr to do broadcastify calls with no luck. I do not understand how to do this. I have searched and searched and to no avail cant get anything to work. Is there a simple step by step process to do this that explains everything that dont skip any steps? I would be willing to allow someone to remote in to my raspberry pi and help me. Thanks ahead of time for any help.

nick0909

Antenna flicker
Feed Provider
What application are you trying to use to send calls? I'm not sure a Pi has enough horsepower to properly do it but maybe. I have Trunk Recorder running on an actual desktop and it takes a constant 40% CPU for 12 recorders.

How much experience do you have with SDR on Linux/Pi's? You may try with OP25 first (this does not work for Calls but it will do a single audio stream). I found that easier to get running and then used that knowledge to get Trunk Recorder going on my desktop.

ke4ldu

What application are you trying to use to send calls? I'm not sure a Pi has enough horsepower to properly do it but maybe. I have Trunk Recorder running on an actual desktop and it takes a constant 40% CPU for 12 recorders.

How much experience do you have with SDR on Linux/Pi's? You may try with OP25 first (this does not work for Calls but it will do a single audio stream). I found that easier to get running and then used that knowledge to get Trunk Recorder going on my desktop.

So I started here. robotastic/trunk-recorder

i got all the way to configuring a system and I am lost.

Kingscup

Feed Provider
Unfortunately, I don't know of a step by step process. There probably isn't one because every person's situation will be different. My settings will be different from yours. What specifically is the problem? I am going to guess the JSON file?

Need more info. Which SDR(s)? What are you trying to monitor? Just in case, which RPi and software?

I know it is a pain in the butt as I have spent countless hours and considered quitting but at the same time, I wanted to overcome this as this has potential. I have been been able to finally able to download radio traffic onto the RPi but I am also seeing 8 Kib files in the download section which I think indicates interference and/or not tuned correctly. I am not sure what happens to those files. Are they uploaded? As I type this, I might have a breakthrough on that but still fine tuning.

I am running a RPi 4 and attempting to monitor 8 conventional analog frequencies with 2 SDRs.

ke4ldu

Unfortunately, I don't know of a step by step process. There probably isn't one because every person's situation will be different. My settings will be different from yours. What specifically is the problem? I am going to guess the JSON file?

Need more info. Which SDR(s)? What are you trying to monitor? Just in case, which RPi and software?

I know it is a pain in the butt as I have spent countless hours and considered quitting but at the same time, I wanted to overcome this as this has potential. I have been been able to finally able to download radio traffic onto the RPi but I am also seeing 8 Kib files in the download section which I think indicates interference and/or not tuned correctly. I am not sure what happens to those files. Are they uploaded? As I type this, I might have a breakthrough on that but still fine tuning.

I am running a RPi 4 and attempting to monitor 8 conventional analog frequencies with 2 SDRs.

Its okay. I have given up on trying to do this. Just dont understand. I do thank you though for replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.