Broadcastify Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

miata54

Premium Subscriber
In the RR Database, the town of Auburn, MA shows frequencies for PD and FD. In searching Broadcastify, (Global/Country/State/County) this town is not listed. Used to be. Does this simply mean that there is no local feed for this Town or the the Town has restricted this info from Broadcastify?

Thanks

miata54

Premium Subscriber
If there used to be a feed, it may have been automatically removed if the feed was offline for 3 weeks. See here
Very interesting, and thanks. Does a volunteer for a feed have to live in the specific Town of the feed? I ask this as Auburn borders the City of Worcester which does have a feed as I regularly listen to it via Broadcastify on my cell.

In thinking more about this, I am guessing that a feed must be specific to a PD or FD etc, and also to talk groups. The City of Worcester is a trunked system that covers all the various agency's within the City. So I guess there must be multiple specific feeds for a trunked system. Is this correct?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Very interesting, and thanks. Does a volunteer for a feed have to live in the specific Town of the feed? I ask this as Auburn borders the City of Worcester
No, as long as the frequency(ies) or system(s) in question can be picked up clearly from a feed provider's location & no other feeds exist providing the same traffic, they can provide the feed

Status
Not open for further replies.