Broadcastify Feeds Now Supported on Alexa Devices

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
This works great! I do have a question. As a feed provider I do not hear ads when using the Broadcastify web based interface, but I do hear one at the beginning when using this Alexa skill. This skill is not adding it. My question is are ads placed once only at the beginning, or are there subsequent ads? I have not heard another yet, but just curous.

I figure someone without a premium account might know when they stream Broadcastify.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
It's our ads. Because this is not my skill, I have no way (yet) to pass along premium subscriber status.

You're going to have to listen to the ad for now.

At some point in the future I could put in place a tokenized approach to this, but it is what it is for now.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Before anyone asks.... 😜

No, I don't know of any other support for other devices like Google Devices, Smart TVs, Cars, Teslas, Rivians, Nikolas, Google Glass, your Learjet, etc.

Someone developed a nice skill on Amazon for streams that plays nicely with Broadcastify, so this is where we are at for now.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
I'm passing this along in case it will help anyone else. My Alexa would announce the feed name I had assigned, but then nothing would come across from the feed. Even the ad wouldn't play. I rebooted the Alexa and everything started working perfectly.

Mike

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I’m not crushed by a one off advert weighed against the fun factor this provides. I need to edit the note on my stream so that others can enjoy as well.

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
Well it is nice to see some advancement on this but will stick to my own Alexa skill, no ads, and if there is no network hiccups, it does run for quite some time. Would be nice to have a skill where you didn't have to add items (like the Broadcastify App) and just say 'Alexa play such and such' but the requirements of managing that skill would be horrendus at least. May play around with it to see how it does (basically for how long it will stream) as I have skills for both of the feeds I have.

noJ

Premium Subscriber
I found the Alex skill and got it working, other than the ads it works fine.

What I was really looking for was a way to get Alexa notifications when feed X has greater than Y listeners.

I user Police Scanner Radio on iPhone and Android (it has dark mode too!) and it has the alerts, but they don't get your attention like a whole house Alexa notification would.

jasferriter

Premium Subscriber
I had Alexa recognizing it through the app, but wasn't hearing anything, so disabled it. I tried enabling it again, but nothing worked. I was using the favorites list (https://esp8266-server.de/alexa/RadioBrowser/en/) on my desktop. Decided to give it a try on the iPad. Next thing I knew it was enabled again. iPad or different approach? Don't know. All I know is it worked for me.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I have a friend who cannot navigate computers, Fire TV, smart phones, etc. He has Alexa all over the house.

What would you ask Alexa to monitor an agency?

KD2EUM

I tried several times. Cant get this to work. Just got echo show 8. Trying to listen to Broadcastify feed 36336. can anyone possible help. Ive already enabled the skill and created a favorites list. Every time i tell alexa to play radio browser number 1 she starts playing dance music

noJ

Premium Subscriber
Did you try letting it play for awhile? Because it is not using a pay account mine was giving me basically a commercial first before playing scanner audio. I kept trying to fix it, but just needed to wait.

I am a paying member but not sure if there is a way around this.

I tried several times. Cant get this to work. Just got echo show 8. Trying to listen to Broadcastify feed 36336. can anyone possible help. Ive already enabled the skill and created a favorites list. Every time i tell alexa to play radio browser number 1 she starts playing dance music

KD2EUM

Did you try letting it play for awhile? Because it is not using a pay account mine was giving me basically a commercial first before playing scanner audio. I kept trying to fix it, but just needed to wait.

I am a paying member but not sure if there is a way around this.
it started playing dance music. wouldnt even recognize the scanner audio