Broadcastify Launch Updates - 10/15/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I'm sure we'll get the announcement when it's ready but I have itchy fingers and keep clicking on the log in every day. LOL

But I love the new look. Great work on it from everything I've seen so far!

KC9VZV

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure we'll get the announcement when it's ready but I have itchy fingers and keep clicking on the log in every day. LOL

But I love the new look. Great work on it from everything I've seen so far!

haha... I do the exact same thing and I have been clicking 'log in' at least 2-3 times a day since the first day BCFY was launched. LOL... Also, I love the note about 10 codes in your signature. :D

whgwvscanner

Feed Provider
Question: Will the Additional Feed Details pull over?

I'm thinking about changing some of the feed details but wanted to check to see if I should wait for the new site or if any changes done now would be copied over to the new site?

Thanks in advance!

One13Truck

Feed Provider
haha... I do the exact same thing and I have been clicking 'log in' at least 2-3 times a day since the first day BCFY was launched. LOL... Also, I love the note about 10 codes in your signature. :D

Indeed. I think it looks great already so I can't wait for the site to be up and running in full.

Haha TY. People around here get all twitterpated about the codes. The PD can use them all they want but on the fire side you get stared at less if you curse over the radio. At work or texting it's just quicker and easier to use them.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
My only complaint thus far and it's a minor one is there's no button to take you to the "County Home page" like currently set up on RR (I believe the rest are missing as well). Click that in the audio section of a County and it takes you right to the RR database where you can check frequencies and the wiki for station #'s etc. I always found that useful to click on and open in a new tab when listening to alert feeds or just popping through random out of area feeds. If it's going to be a completely separate site I can see why it didn't make the move and I can just open RR myself and find it but it was a nice little bit of convenience saving a few mouse clicks that is missing.

But like I said minor... So far everything looks great. Fantastic work by all who were part of getting it going.

K4KNJ

I'm thinking about changing some of the feed details but wanted to check to see if I should wait for the new site or if any changes done now would be copied over to the new site?

Thanks in advance!

Any Changes done to your feed on RR WILL be copied over to bcfy...so yes you may modify ur feed with no worries

lazierfan

Feed Provider
We're here to help you, Blantonl, ready to test and exercise the functionality. Waiting patiently for login ability so we can make use of the archive cache and add links, I've had over 4,000 views of my Google Map showing the district I feed over on RR, and I have been spreading the word about Broadcastify.

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
I have a question about premium. My premium expired a few days ago, and since the premium isnt currently available for purchase on Broadcastify, If i renew my membership through radioreference now, will I still have the access to live feed archives and such until it expires? Sorry if I worded that weird.

MadSpleen85

Is there a new "Broadcastify" app or will the apps that were mentioned before be the same ones that were used previously through RadioReference?

Still no concrete answer. I seem to remember reading somewhere that there would be a "Broadcastify" app for Android, Blackberry, and Iphone devices but, I can't seem to find that now....

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I never recall reading such a statement, I think people misinterpreted the line about apps being available.

Redneck0410

If I recall correctly, there was someone questioning whether existing apps would be able to receive audio feeds once the migration to BCFY was complete, and it was answered that they would still be available. That's the only reference I can consciously recall with regards to apps.

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
If I recall correctly, there was someone questioning whether existing apps would be able to receive audio feeds once the migration to BCFY was complete, and it was answered that they would still be available. That's the only reference I can consciously recall with regards to apps.
The Android "Scanner Radio"' and "Scanner Radio Pro" both say on their feed streams, "Audio from Broadcastify.com."

The "xiialive" app accepts and streams broadcastify.com URLs in its "favorites" playlist. "Police Scanner 5-0" says it's streaming radioreference.com, and others don't seem to be showing the source URLs, though I've only downloaded the free versions other than Scanner Radio Pro, which also has a free "Chat" plugin you can download. Nice feature, but it doesn't seem to get used a lot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.