Brooks County DMR

dgoodson

Feed Provider
Does anyone have info on the specific arrangement of the various frequencies listed in the RRDB as "DMR" for Brooks county?

dgoodson

Feed Provider
Well, my experience with DMR is only with Tier III systems listed in the database as a trunked system with LCNs, where a group of the frequencies are associated with different sites. I can hear these frequencies individually with good, strong digital audio (when programmed as a Conventional system).

The database lists then as DMR, but not as "trunked", so I am wondering if I need to program each frequency as an individual One Frequency DMR system?

This is the first time I have encountered this, so I'm not sure how to interpret and guess I will experiment...

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
What make & model scanner are you using? Personally I'd program them as DMR conventional. I only utilize one-frequency trunking if both timeslots carry voice traffic from separate talkgroups (doesn't look to be the case with what's been identified in the RRDB)

Scratch that. I looked at the listings more closely. One slot is law enforcement and the 2nd slot is fire on most of the frequencies. So yes, one frequency trunking would work here

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Freq, CC, then label Slot 1 = L.E.
Freq, CC, then label Slot 2 = Fire

Why program as trunking?

dgoodson

Feed Provider
I'm using the Uniden 996P2 with DMR. I programmed the three different freqs as three individual One Freq DMR systems and everything seems to be working just fine.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
Freq, CC, then label Slot 1 = L.E.
Freq, CC, then label Slot 2 = Fire

Why program as trunking?
No way to discriminate traffic between slots if programmed conventionally, all traffic is carried. In other words if you program OFT you can do a channel hold only on the slot 2 talkgroup if you only want to hear slot 2 traffic (in this case, Fire) or vice versa for slot 1