Brooks County

jfstx1

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have any updated info that is not "official" yet? I'm in Falfurrias for a few days and was told they are finally going to be encrypted. They are apparently adding new towers. The fire Dept will be encrypted as well. They are getting radios that will let them text each other.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Does anyone have any updated info that is not "official" yet? I'm in Falfurrias for a few days and was told they are finally going to be encrypted. They are apparently adding new towers. The fire Dept will be encrypted as well. They are getting radios that will let them text each other.
Falfurrias has licensed 154.415 in Fal and 155.8875 in Encino for the fire department but no one has confirmed if they are on the air yet. 155.865 expired 10 years ago. Check those out. SO is on 155.010 but is licensed 155.0475 in Encino which says “services” currently in the database. Also 158.730 is another base station frequency. Check them too.

jfstx1

Premium Subscriber
My nephew lives there and works on one of the large ranches. He said the fire chief told him they were joining a system and would be going encrypted very soon. The large ranches will be able to purchase a compatible radio to use. These radios will be switched on and off to work on the system when the ranch will be involved in a fire. I will update this post as I find out more. I asked him to reach out to the fire chief for more info: system, frequencies and radios.

memo124

My nephew lives there and works on one of the large ranches. He said the fire chief told him they were joining a system and would be going encrypted very soon. The large ranches will be able to purchase a compatible radio to use. These radios will be switched on and off to work on the system when the ranch will be involved in a fire. I will update this post as I find out more. I asked him to reach out to the fire chief for more info: system, frequencies and radios.
I wonder if it's the Lower Rio Grande system. I can pick DPS in Falfurrias with that system. I will start monitoring when I go to Laredo later this month.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I wonder if it's the Lower Rio Grande system. I can pick DPS in Falfurrias with that system. I will start monitoring when I go to Laredo later this month.
The only public safety related system, with a site in Brooks County, is LRGVRRS, so that would be the most like system for them to join. Hidalgo, just south of Brooks, as well as Cameron (Brownsville), also use LRGVRRS, as well as a couple of others nearby.

Jim Hogg uses GATRRS, which, while nearby, does not have a site in Brooks County.

memo124

The only public safety related system, with a site in Brooks County, is LRGVRRS, so that would be the most like system for them to join. Hidalgo, just south of Brooks, as well as Cameron (Brownsville), also use LRGVRRS, as well as a couple of others nearby.

Jim Hogg uses GATRRS, which, while nearby, does not have a site in Brooks County.
Correct. I have picked up Jim Hogg Co. on GATRRS and Webb County as well.