Broward County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOHNEFLA

Premium Subscriber
The FLL and Coral Springs P 25 is working fine. Searching the system still got nothing. I do think that's where they are going ultimately.

radioman2008

Batlabs user Wazzzzzzzzup (2001-Present)
Premium Subscriber
I haven't been the best searcher of info over the years on Batlabs, but there are some people on Batlabs that become real jerks telling off others for not searching or not searching enough. if i recall user NP205 (or something like that) was really bad about telling users off for not searching to the standards he thought they should. guys handling themselves like that are a real turnoff to people coming to the site looking for info.

I've been around a LONG time in this radio world, and I find its best to have grace for others on here and other sites.

Skyforce

Premium Subscriber
OR...you could just click on the Florida Forums and scroll a few threads down on the first page of the same forum the OP posted in and see "Broward County" and figure it out. Just my .02
Just.

Skyforce

Premium Subscriber
I haven't been the best searcher of info over the years on Batlabs, but there are some people on Batlabs that become real jerks telling off others for not searching or not searching enough. if i recall user NP205 (or something like that) was really bad about telling users off for not searching to the standards he thought they should. guys handling themselves like that are a real turnoff to people coming to the site looking for info.

I've been around a LONG time in this radio world, and I find its best to have grace for others on here and other sites.
Yup, Life is too short.

Synfulto

OR...you could just click on the Florida Forums and scroll a few threads down on the first page of the same forum the OP posted in and see "Broward County" and figure it out. Just my .02
Except as a new user I wouldn't know that and there is a HUGE amount of information here to sift through!
So thank you to the ones going by the rules that I just read and are being polite and helpful.
I appreciate you.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
I agree with some of the above comments. The experience level of users here is as diverse as the crowd who enjoys the hobby. Like others, sometimes the search function is helpful - but sometimes it's not. Sometimes I see an existing thread, and sometimes I do not. This most certainly isn't old school batlabs, where I do agree things could get heavy handed sometimes back in the day - condescension, even if it's just a perception, is a horrible trait regardless of who you think you are. No reason to do anything more than say hello, point the user to the current thread and move along.

<mumbling.... it's just a hobby>

doug

Skyforce

Premium Subscriber
I agree with some of the above comments. The experience level of users here is as diverse as the crowd who enjoys the hobby. Like others, sometimes the search function is helpful - but sometimes it's not. Sometimes I see an existing thread, and sometimes I do not. This most certainly isn't old school batlabs, where I do agree things could get heavy handed sometimes back in the day - condescension, even if it's just a perception, is a horrible trait regardless of who you think you are. No reason to do anything more than say hello, point the user to the current thread and move along.

<mumbling.... it's just a hobby>

doug
Amen.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I think a lot of people forget that they were new at some point, if you look the guy has 3 posts, so he is new, the old timers here have some choices to make
#1. Don't be a jerk and help the guy out remembering that at one point YOU needed help at some point, and someone actually helped you enjoy the hobby.
#2. Don't Be a Jerk and just scroll past the post without commenting.

this doesn't apply to the obvious people who constantly post and have a history of not being able to function on their own of course.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
The new guy with 3 posts has been a member since 2003. I think after 18+ years he would know how to find something. Just like others who have been here since 2008 but only have 15 posts in 13 years, which tells me they don't contribute but sit back on the sidelines while others do the work.

Guys I've been more than happy to help and a few of us here have mapped an entire system (and many others) for all you guys. But there is a difference when things are right there in the database, in active threads with the same title and easily found. I don't mind spoon feeding a bit, but don't bit the hand that feeds you. And telling people to look means they have to take initiative and actually read and maybe learn.

How many of you realize that there are public docs on the Broward County website that explains the entire system, costs, sites, core, coverage requirements, etc. I found them and read them. How many looked at FCC filings. I did. How many are tinkering with Unitrunker, SDRTrunk, DSD etc. I am. Don't be a sheep.

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
The new guy with 3 posts has been a member since 2003. I think after 18+ years he would know how to find something. Just like others who have been here since 2008 but only have 15 posts in 13 years, which tells me they don't contribute but sit back on the sidelines while others do the work.

Guys I've been more than happy to help and a few of us here have mapped an entire system (and many others) for all you guys. But there is a difference when things are right there in the database, in active threads with the same title and easily found. I don't mind spoon feeding a bit, but don't bit the hand that feeds you. And telling people to look means they have to take initiative and actually read and maybe learn.

How many of you realize that there are public docs on the Broward County website that explains the entire system, costs, sites, core, coverage requirements, etc. I found them and read them. How many looked at FCC filings. I did. How many are tinkering with Unitrunker, SDRTrunk, DSD etc. I am. Don't be a sheep.
Preach On Brother APX8000 (y) Thanks for turning me on to SDR Trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.