Brown County

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdmitchem

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 10, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Albert Lea MN
I am struggling to get Brown County Sherriff and Sleepy PD and Fire - I am picking up some traffic on Evan, mostly State Troopers or BCSO running plates - but no actually runs -- Thoughts ?
 

NDRADIONUT

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
1,952
Reaction score
4
Location
FARGO ND
Do u have your scanner in the open mode or have a wild card active so you hear all talkgroups ??
 
Joined
Nov 7, 2009
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Location
South Central Minnesota
Depending upon where you have your scanner located, your indoor coverage is probably NOT the best. I am hearing the portable coverage in the Sleepy Eye/Springfield area is questionable indoors.

Also, in order to hear anything off the Evan site, a talkgroup you want to hear on a scanner must have a subscriber radio affiliated to that site with the talkgroup you want to hear selected. Your local PD & FD may be actually affiliating with the New Ulm site, therefore you would not always hear them.
 

jdmitchem

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 10, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Albert Lea MN
well the interesting point, got the scanner last week and programmed it via RR, then last night noticed an update - so it working fine - just not a lot of traffic in Sleepy Eye- I am getting Evan inside - I did hear a test page for FD today, so feeling better-
Love to have a break down of car id that brown dispatches for
 

hibtacer

Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2010
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Location
chisholm mn
showing unit ID in Uniden

you can go to menu...program settings...disp. unit ID....on. That's it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top