Bucks county zone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill31089

Hello everyone , I work with (not for) bucks county zone 4 police on zone 4 there is 3 departments recently I noticed that (43) lower Southampton pd has a second radio (non Motorola) in their cars that is not on the county system that is used for car to car communications does anyone know how to figure out what the frequencies are or what system they are on

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
If you have a Uniden scanner you could try using the close call feature. That searches for very strong local frequencies.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
If you have a Uniden scanner you could try using the close call feature. That searches for very strong local frequencies.
Eh...that might not be the best idea around law enforcement. Try the frequencies listed here, particularly class FB2 (fixed base) & higher power MOs (mobile units). Looking at the emissions codes they may possibly be DMR, unknown if encrypted but there's a chance. Be sure to share your findings with us & if you can confirm any are active, don't forget to submit them to the RR database! I'll plug the FB2 frequency into my SDR and see if I get any hits from where I am. Happy scanning!

Last edited:

bill31089

Eh...that might not be the best idea around law enforcement. Try the frequencies listed here, particularly class FB2 (fixed base) & higher power MOs (mobile units). Looking at the emissions codes they may possibly be DMR, unknown if encrypted but there's a chance. Be sure to share your findings with us & if you can confirm any are active, don't forget to submit them to the RR database! I'll plug the FB2 frequency into my SDR and see if I get any hits from where I am. Happy scanning!

I don't think it would be encrypted because the County's system is not encrypted but I would not be surprised if it was on DMR

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I don't think it would be encrypted because the County's system is not encrypted
Not necessarily true. Don't let that fool you, I know of quite a few agencies who encrypt their unit to unit channels though primary ops are in the clear. East Norriton PD in Montco comes to mind. A few of the medics around here have encrypted unit to hospital frequencies as well

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Are all of the DMR systems emission designator 7k60FXE?
7K60FXD2-slot DMR (Motorola MOTOTRBO) TDMA data
7K60FXE2-slot DMR (Motorola MOTOTRBO) TDMA voice
7K60FXW2-slot DMR (Motorola MOTOTRBO) TDMA data + voice

Designators for other non-TRBO DMR product (though less commonly seen than the above) are listed on page 4 of the PDF here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.