Buncombe County Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
When Buncombe EOC dispatches a call to a county fire department, they always say something like "Select ______ Repeater" . I've heard them mention Skyland, Weaverville, Riceville, etc. What exactly goes on with this? I know Buncombe is on a Tait simulcast system so are they using an individual repeater from the simulcast repeaters or are they talking about the repeaters that some of the individual Fire Depts have, like 154.355 for Skyland? I go up there a couple of times a year and I've been curious about this.

EZlistener

Premium Subscriber
These independent FD's have their own discrete repeaters, most of which are listed on RR.
Some of them are licensed in the name of Buncombe County, rather than the individual FD; check your FCC records. Nearly all are VHF, so they are "in band" with the county's EOC "Firecom,""FireMed," etc.
Each FD station in the county is designated by a station number which is the prefix for all individual FD units: e.g., units from Skyland (Sta #21) will be "21xx," ensuring coordination of dispatch activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.