Bus fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

slicerwizard

"Professional" driver knows he has a flat rear tire, but keeps on driving until tire ignites and completely destroys entire bus. Bus load of elderly tourists needlessly put in danger (and some lost personal property) and $500,000 vehicle converted into a few grand of scrap metal. Doh!

randyf

still trying to figure this all out
Video surfaced on Ctv news of the bus driving in the slow lane with 4 ways going smoke rolling out the back , he had said he was trying to make it to the on route service centre , when we went by people were trying to pull their luggage off with the fire already raging

mrweather

I was riding a municipal bus one time and white smoke was clearly bellowing from the engine area (sign of some kind of cooling system failure due to the colour and smell) yet the driver kept plugging along, ignoring the idiot lights/sounds on his dash. Eventually the engine quit and couldn't be restarted. I imagine the repair bill wasn't cheap.

slicerwizard

Speaking of municipal buses, the York Region buses operated by Miller Transit were the worst I've ever seen. Old buses in need of major repairs, inoperative windshield wipers, engines that just lost power on a whim and clueless operators - "There's a strange light on the dash - it looks like an airplane - it's got a propeller on it". Uh, yeah, that's your Check Engine light. If you told me that a bus driver said that, I'm not sure I'd believe you...

Status
Not open for further replies.