Button(s) delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have notice the past few weeks on both x36's hit any button and takes 1-4 seconds to respond. Sometimes I have to hit it more than 2-3 times to hold a channel or department. Has anyone have this problem. I have both x36's on the new firmware update months ago.

JamesO

I have notice the past few weeks on both x36's hit any button and takes 1-4 seconds to respond. Sometimes I have to hit it more than 2-3 times to hold a channel or department. Has anyone have this problem. I have both x36's on the new firmware update months ago.

Same here, I have both scanners as well.

Response may be worse when Recording?

For now this is "normal".

Hopefully this will be improved with newer firmware versions?

mancow

Database Admin
I wonder what the cause is. I have a 436 and have never encountered this. Do you guys have lots of custom programming or are you basically running just the main database?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

Yes, on a 536. One time I hit the menu key and waited 10 seconds and nothing happened. Then I hit the function knob and it goes into menu mode.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Delay

My 536 has the delay issues too and sometimes you wonder if the button even works.

It acts like a windows computer when the CPU is overloaded and causes programs not to respond.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
BCD536HP Button(s) delay

I have also noticed this. I'm using 16GB microSD cards in all my BCDx36HP scanners. The more recordings I have stored on them, the slower the response of the buttons. If I delete all the recordings, it goes back to normal.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have also noticed this. I'm using 16GB microSD cards in all my BCDx36HP scanners. The more recordings I have stored on them, the slower the response of the buttons. If I delete all the recordings, it goes back to normal.

I'm still using the micro sd card came the unit(s). I have tons of recordings on the 436 still stored on the sd card I don't have much delay response time like I have the 536 I have like 10 recordings on the card.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
BCD536HP Button(s) delay

I'm still using the micro sd card came the unit(s). I have tons of recordings on the 436 still stored on the sd card I don't have much delay response time like I have the 536 I have like 10 recordings on the card.

I should have been more specific instead of using the generic BCDx36HP label. I have had no issues with my BCD436HP, just with my BCD536HP's.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes I type too fast and I meant I to put 536hp instead x36's. Sometimes the 436hp doesn't have much trouble as the 536hp. Sorry for the confusion with both units.

henrygb

It happens to my BCD536HP, when load and scan a favorite list with a lot analog conventional frecuency.. No loaded full database, no audio records in the original microsd card. Using 1.02.03 firmware. The delay it is about 2 seconds

shonc182

Premium Subscriber
I have found that removing all of the recordings from the card and reloading my favorites lists with Sentinel improves this lag and improves the missed transmissions - but temporarily and not completely

Status
Not open for further replies.