c-med

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1JHU

One thing in regards to Southwest and coordination channels. In the post a few up, Med 9 (462.950) is listed on the map. Southwest uses Med 9 for the Bridgeport area only. Here are the coordination channels for Southwest:

463.1000 - MED-5 - Greenwich/Stamford (tower in Stamford)
462.9750 - MED-10 - Norwalk/Westport/Wilton/Weston (towers in Norwalk & Wilton, voted receive, selectable transmitter)
453.0750 - "MED-12" - Wilton/Weston (tower in Weston, mostly used by Weston)
462.9500 - MED-9 - Bridgeport/Stratford/Fairfield (tower in Bridgeport)
463.0250 - MED-2 - Easton/Trumbull/Monroe (tower on Trumbull/Shelton line, Monroe EMS dispatched on this channel)
New Canaan EMS & Darien Post 53 EMS also dispatched by Southwest mostly use their own channels but will show up on Meds 5 or 10 depending on where they are transporting to, going mutual aid to, or getting a medic intercept from.

The towns are just a general guide to which channel is primarily used for that area. For example, there are times an AMR unit in Fairfield will have trouble getting through on Med 9 so they will use Med 10 and get through.

Other channels are used for patches. Southwest does not leave the repeaters on for the patch channels though they may be activated for use during a major incident or event.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
One thing in regards to Southwest and coordination channels. In the post a few up, Med 9 (462.950) is listed on the map. Southwest uses Med 9 for the Bridgeport area only. Here are the coordination channels for Southwest:

463.1000 - MED-5 - Greenwich/Stamford (tower in Stamford)
462.9750 - MED-10 - Norwalk/Westport/Wilton/Weston (towers in Norwalk & Wilton, voted receive, selectable transmitter)
453.0750 - "MED-12" - Wilton/Weston (tower in Weston, mostly used by Weston)
462.9500 - MED-9 - Bridgeport/Stratford/Fairfield (tower in Bridgeport)
463.0250 - MED-2 - Easton/Trumbull/Monroe (tower on Trumbull/Shelton line, Monroe EMS dispatched on this channel)
New Canaan EMS & Darien Post 53 EMS also dispatched by Southwest mostly use their own channels but will show up on Meds 5 or 10 depending on where they are transporting to, going mutual aid to, or getting a medic intercept from.

The towns are just a general guide to which channel is primarily used for that area. For example, there are times an AMR unit in Fairfield will have trouble getting through on Med 9 so they will use Med 10 and get through.

Other channels are used for patches. Southwest does not leave the repeaters on for the patch channels though they may be activated for use during a major incident or event.

Well, there goes my map! Back to the ol drawing board! LOL....

Manny

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
This should do FFLD. County justice!

I broke it down for a more specific understanding of the way CMED operates in FFLD. CTY. Hopefully this will help give people a clearer understanding of the Southwest CMED setup!

Manny

Last edited:

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Too much free time.

LOL.....Maybe, but free time would not drive me to do this as I have 3 daughters that I love spending time with. It's the love for this hobby and the desire to help others understand. Maybe by doing maps and things like this (hopefully) there will be less of the same questions that keep coming up about CMED over and over. I think we've beat this and a few other subjects to death already! IMHO...:( I'm glad you liked it Scott!

Manny

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.