Cabell County Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc8mzp

Feed Provider
Hey gang,
It's been a while for me but I just wanted to pop in and say that I have gotten a new scanner feed online(again) for Cabell County. The old bearcat that I was using on the last one for analog died so I picked up a RS pro-197. I've had the radio since summer, and have played around with different settings and programming different frequencies. I think I have it narrowed down to the most common frequencies that I can clearly receive and are active.

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29444

Here are the feed notes...

This feed provides the following local talkgroups on the West Virginia SIRN APCO p25 system,
9015 WV State Police Troop 5 District 2 - Dispatch (Huntington)
4109 Huntington Police Dept Dispatch
4107 Cabell County Sheriff Dept Dispatch
4105 Cabell County EMS Dispatch
4103 Huntington FD Dispatch 1 (Backup)
4101 Cabell County Fire Dispatch (Not sure if this is actually ever used)

and the following conventional channels

460.500 Mhz Barboursville PD Dispatch
460.350 Mhz Milton PD Dispatch (signal strength is not great)
460.025 Mhz Marshall University PD
453.800 Mhz Barboursville Volunteer FD
453.675 Huntington FD (Primary)
453.600 Green Valley Volunteer FD

RadioShack PRO-197 fed into a Raspberry Pi 3 B located in the East Pea Ridge area. I am also using the Pi with a flight aware dongle, pretty neat honestly, so the Pi is definitely multitasking.

I cast the audio on my internal network and monitored it for a few weeks to make sure everything was running smoothly. Let me know what everyone thinks about audio quality and audio levels.

ETA: I am using a 1:1 audio isolator between the Pi and the scanner headphone out jack just to clarify.

Last edited:

iceman977th

Feed Provider
Just saw this (I don't frequent the forum much anymore) Any reason you're not monitoring Cabell EMS analog? That's where most of their 911 runs are on, I believe the SIRN TG is for transports primarily. Unless they have changed something in the past couple months. Cabell Sheriff also simulcasts to their analog channel I believe, I hear them all the time, and I've heard them use it if there's an issue with SIRN, which is rare.

Mike

tvfd700

Premium Subscriber
EMS is actually simulcast now like the SO is. There is a separate talk group for transports.

Just saw this (I don't frequent the forum much anymore) Any reason you're not monitoring Cabell EMS analog? That's where most of their 911 runs are on, I believe the SIRN TG is for transports primarily. Unless they have changed something in the past couple months. Cabell Sheriff also simulcasts to their analog channel I believe, I hear them all the time, and I've heard them use it if there's an issue with SIRN, which is rare.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.