Calgary Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Interesting choice of fields. :) In all seriousness, any reason you're looking at necessary bandwidth and conformity to frequency plan? Does that tell you anything useful?

I think at least half of those channels are for Saddledome ops. I'd expect concessions, maintenance, building security (do they do their own security or contract it out?), and other such stuff. I'd imagine very little has to do with the hockey operations.

The other thing to listen to would be the 730f Stampede trunk system. It's rather short range - I wouldn't expect to hear it beyond downtown - but parking, etc., will be on there.

Also might I say you're being rather optimistic, thinking there'll be another game in Calgary. ;)

DX-300

Interesting, because in my freq list books here, there are team frequencies listed as well, I've never really had a chance to take up looking into the matter.

Last edited:

Jay911

Feed Provider
Are those the same books that list Cochrane Fire and Canmore Fire as being on something called the "P.E.R.I.L. SYSTEM"? I had one of those in 1991 and it was horrendously incorrect even then. No offense meant. :)

DX-300

Hahaha yes they are, I have an older 1992 version kicking around in my desk here also and yes it mentions the P.E.R.I.L system. Like you say they were inaccurate in cases, drove me nuts lol, especially in finding things for a new area, but they did help as a start I guess.

Last edited:

yyc_tbird_sc

The saddledome does do their own security. I know that the CPS are down there, but I have no idea what channel they'd be on. If was going to be around work tonight, I would listen to the frequencies....but I really try to avoid this place during hockey games.

As for parking...the stampede employees will be on the stampede system, but the saddledome lot attendants will not. The saddledome has nothing to do with us at the stampede except for the fact that the building is on property.

I wasn't looking at bandwidth....it just defaulted to that. I usually catch it, and turn off that part but I must have missed that this time.

Jay911

Feed Provider
On a regular game, CPS would be on, probably, A10/B10/C10 Common, one of them. They'd be "Pay Duty" officers with callsigns P110 etc. (P-dist-zone-#, so a pay duty at the Dome is likely P14x.)

I know they are doing lots of extra stuff during playoff games because of the large fan turnout downtown (they try not to mention the R-word M-word term for some reason), but the end result is really going to be just more presence and probably on the A1/B1/C1 channels.

SCPD

QRT
yyc_tbird_sc said:
The saddledome does do their own security. I know that the CPS are down there, but I have no idea what channel they'd be on. If was going to be around work tonight, I would listen to the frequencies....but I really try to avoid this place during hockey games.

As for parking...the stampede employees will be on the stampede system, but the saddledome lot attendants will not. The saddledome has nothing to do with us at the stampede except for the fact that the building is on property.

I wasn't looking at bandwidth....it just defaulted to that. I usually catch it, and turn off that part but I must have missed that this time.

At the saddledome check out 451.1000 and 460.0375 This is Mr. Mix Audio, they do a lot of special event, promotional stuff like T-shirt sling shooting, in house video......
Intresting listening at times.

Ever since Bell became a major sponsor of Rexall place in Edmonton a lot of the services and administration now use Bell 10-4
Northlands UHF radio system is scheduled to upgrade too MotoTRBO sometime this year.

DaveH

Jay911 said:
Interesting choice of fields. :) In all seriousness, any reason you're looking at necessary bandwidth and conformity to frequency plan? Does that tell you anything useful?

Yes...it does; too bad more people don't list emission type and bandwidth,
which will tell whether it's analog (regular or narrowband) or some type
of digital.

Somewhat off topic but related:

BTW if you see type W7W or W7W- means iDEN, begs the question of
why a huge system that nobody can listen to, taken straight from TAFL,
would be useful listed in the RR database....

Dave

HDMechanic

I found that CPS is usally on A12 special events channel when at the saddle dome or a sporting event. Also they use the same channel down at the Red Mile as well. Now if i remeber from last years go on the red mile the letters before the numbers where buildings along each block where members where set up along the red mile. Usally bar names..

Jay911

Feed Provider
Yeah, there are some checkpoints and stuff ... I'm not at liberty to describe them, really... sorry. :)

mark2117

Jay911 said:

I think at least half of those channels are for Saddledome ops. I'd expect concessions, maintenance, building security (do they do their own security or contract it out?), and other such stuff. I'd imagine very little has to do with the hockey operations.

The other thing to listen to would be the 730f Stampede trunk system. It's rather short range - I wouldn't expect to hear it beyond downtown - but parking, etc., will be on there.

Also might I say you're being rather optimistic, thinking there'll be another game in Calgary. ;)

I'm in a basement suite off of Centre street and McKnight and I specifically remember picking up Stampede frequencies last summer from home, I've noticed the database has since been changed and I got whichever frequency it was directly from there. I'm almost positive it was from the same system as the CPS so maybe it wasn't THE said same Stampede system, correct me if I'm wrong...I'll have to refer to the scanner later.

Status
Not open for further replies.