Call signs???...

Status
Not open for further replies.

money911

Hey everyone,
Finally back into Philly and trying to program my PSR-500. I have been searching around and some of the stuff i have come across only has CALL SIGNS and Path Freq. so i dont know what to do about that.

Also, if anyone can help with this as well, i am looking for the state police freq for highway ops, actually anything that goes on, on I95. if you know any sites let me know.

thanks James

ctrabs74

money911 said:
Also, if anyone can help with this as well, i am looking for the state police freq for highway ops, actually anything that goes on, on I95. if you know any sites let me know.

PSP Philadelphia operates on PSP/Channel B; you need the base (155.670) and mobile (155.910) to hear both ends of converstation, however you need to be really close to hear the mobile side of a transmission. Then again, I don't know how much longer that'll be the case, depending on when PSP/Philadelphia fully migrates to OpenScam...

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
money911 said:
what is Openscam?

Openscam = OpenSky

OpenSky is a brand name for a specific line of trunked radio equipment produced and marketed by M/A-COM. OpenSky is the equipment/technology used for the Commonwealth of PA's statewide radio system which is still in development. The official name of the state's radio project is PA-STARNET. When this system is completed, it will be used by the vast majority of state agencies currently using older radio equipment. PSP will be one of the major users of the system and is currently in the process of migrating users to the new system.

OpenSky is not scannable and M/A-COM has no plans to make their proprietary format available to scanner manufacturers.

Status
Not open for further replies.