Calling All Elmers

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
One other item I have noticed. I have been listening to a lot of activity in my area. And one of the most irritation items I have found is that the operators say their call signs so fast or in a tone you can't hardly make out. I thought they were supposed to be pronounced so everyone could at least make out what they were. It almost sounds like they don't want any "newbees" or someone to really hear them. I think if they don't want to be contacted or looked up in the licenses area, they shouldn't be transmitting. I hope that doesn't sound harsh because I want to make friends, not offend anyone. Just stating what I am noticing.

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I passed the Technician exam Friday! The VE's were great guys and had a chance to chew the fat with them a little prior to the test, nothing test related just general stuff. Now I will look at joining one of the local clubs around and find someone to learn from. While there is a lot in the book, it's better to see and learn first hand from someone who has been in the thing for awhile.

You know what is a little funny, in a way? One of the test takers asked after the examination "when will I be able to transmit on my radio?" I would have thought that you would at least remember this from the test that was just taken. Maybe I'm missing something! 73's

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know when the test questions for the General license will change? I am thinking of starting to study for it. I just don't want to purchase the study guide if the questions are going to change soon. Thanks.

elk2370bruce

The current General exam question pool will expire on June 30, 2011. You still have plenty of time. You may also be able to find a ham club that runs classes as well as VE sessions. I've found this to be very helpful since our club runs the general class twice a year with great success. Good luck in your studies.

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
Glad i've got another year! I have a friend that wants to study with me. I am also attending one of the clubs in my area tomorrow evening, visiting. It's where I took my test. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.