calls system feature request

kb0rpj

Feed Provider
would it be possible when viewing a talkgroup on broadcastify for the list to show what node provided the call?

would be able to then click the node and see all calls from that node

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Would it be possible to add a feature allowing us to download multiple audio transmissions at once?
I’ve considered this… but it’s something very interesting that would have to be developed (read: hard) - it’s possible to do - we would have to download all the files from the range, stitch them together, and then present the file.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I’ve considered this… but it’s something very interesting that would have to be developed (read: hard) - it’s possible to do - we would have to download all the files from the range, stitch them together, and then present the file.
Or collect and compress them into one zip file on the fly.

signguy10

Understandable. Even if you could just have the file download on one click, I don’t mind compiling them and stitching them, but as it is now, the downloads open in another tab, which I have to then switch to, and then click two more buttons to download the file.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Understandable. Even if you could just have the file download on one click, I don’t mind compiling them and stitching them, but as it is now, the downloads open in another tab, which I have to then switch to, and then click two more buttons to download the file.

Yeah I can see where clicking three buttons can be such a pain.

signguy10

Yeah I can see where clicking three buttons can be such a pain.
I’m not sure if that was sarcastic, but it can be when I’m trying to compile 50-100 files. 5 clicks vs 1 is an 80% decrease in efficiency, not including the extra time to switch to the new tab and closing it.

Outerdog

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber

Have you tried a right click, Download Linked File... or whatever is equivalent in your browser?

1707098252414.png

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks, I'm aware of this feature request, to download a range of archived calls. It's going to take some development.

The one time where I needed to stitch a bunch of stuff of calls together I simply played the calls into a virtual audio cable and recorded it. That's your solution for now.

We just have more priorities at this time right now with the platform.

You know, like a dark mode.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
There's an add-on/extension for Firefox and other desktop browsers called DownThemAll! that allows you to batch download links from webpages. It's fairly easy to use it to download all mp3 links from the BCFY archive pages (traditional feeds + Calls archives). No it's not a perfect solution, but it's a hell of a lot easier than clicking the download button 50 times per page.