Callsign!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Congrats on getting your license.

Congrats!

I'm taking the Technician and possibly the General on Feb. 11th.

From experience, how long did everyone wait for the publication of their licence?

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Congrats!

I'm taking the Technician and possibly the General on Feb. 11th.

From experience, how long did everyone wait for the publication of their licence?

As an ARRL VE, I generally tell people 5-7 days. Depends on what day you take the exam. If you test on Saturday the 11th, start checking on Thursday-Friday. Sometimes it's quicker, sometimes longer. But usually in that range. You can check on QRZ or on the FCC ULS Database. Either or. Remember, once your license is showing in the FCC Database, you can have at it!

I also encourage you to try for you general the same day if you pass your Tech. Even if you're not totally ready. It won't count against you, and it's a good experience for when you are completely set for it. Besides, you never know. Our VE team has seen guys/gals come in for their Tech, and walk out with their Extra!

Last edited:

LtDoc

Firefighter_Peach,
I use phonetics to help me remember call signs and people. So, you are now "Beat Me Up"! Didn't say I used them on the air (well, sometimes), but it's a help for my memory. :)
- 'Doc

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Well Guys I just got back from testing and I passed Tech first then passed General too. It wasn't that bad.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Well Guys I just got back from testing and I passed Tech first then passed General too. It wasn't that bad.

Congrats and welcome to the club! That's exactly why we tell everybody to try the next level right then and there once they pass. You never know! Everybody thinks it's gonna be worse than it is. But if you study, and really try, it's not that bad. The Extra can be rough...no hiding it there, but that's pretty much all cause of the math.

Now your next problem...to vanity call, or not to vanity call? That 'tis the question. :)P

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin

First of All, Thanks W2MJR and Rt169Radio, Good to be here. Well I started out with a Wouxon KG UV6D, until I decide what else I want. It should be here Monday or so. It will be good enough to start, so I can get my feet wet. I know I will be limited for awhile. Should be fun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.