Camera Bag Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackSheepDue

I've had this setup for awhile and just never got around to posting it. I use my scanners at home, at my grandparents, at school, and more so being able to keep everything in one place and organized is a must. I posted on here looking for a good way to keep my stuff together and was pointed towards a camera bag. I must say it works very well. I've seen some people post hard cases and while those offer more protection a camera bag offers more organization in my opinion.

Radios: BCD436HP, BCD396XT, XPR7550
In the top part are extra antennas for all three plus some HT1250 antennas. In the ride hand compartment is a mic for the 7550, a power cable for my 536hp/996p2, power cable for the 436hp, 396xt, and belt clips. The left hand compartment contains programming cables. The right exterior pouch houses a silicon case for the 7550. The front exterior pound contains batteries and a charger for the scanners. Finally the left exterior pouch houses an earpiece and extra belt clip for the 7550. I have crammed quite a bit into this bag but everything has its place and it all gets used.

-Thomas

Attachments

• IMG_1385.jpg
    IMG_1385.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 980
  • IMG_1386.jpg
    IMG_1386.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 1,017
  • IMG_1387.jpg
    IMG_1387.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 980
  • IMG_1388.jpg
    IMG_1388.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 979

shb80

Premium Subscriber
Now I have a use for my camera bag that came with my camera. What antennas are those on the scanners?

BlackSheepDue

Now I have a use for my camera bag that came with my camera. What antennas are those on the scanners?

My go to is a opek HR-22 which is predominantly a vhf antenna. I'm close enough to the Portland, ME 800mhz system that I can pick it up with no antenna so vhf is all I really need to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I like the set up! i have a Ratheon bag i use with my Cannon T6i and my XPR7550. I like the quick snaps it has for easy access.

W2PDX

Nice set-up, except I would get annoyed having to unscrew the 7550 antenna. I like the camera bag concept as it doesn't stand out and draw any unwanted attention.

pb_lonny

That is a great set up. I might have to dig out my "camera bag" and have a go at a new set up.

BlackSheepDue

Nice set-up, except I would get annoyed having to unscrew the 7550 antenna. I like the camera bag concept as it doesn't stand out and draw any unwanted attention.

I never really gave the antennas any thought. To have something big enough to accommodate the radio with the antenna would be bigger than I would like and I would be more worried about bending the antenna if I left it attached to the radio.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I use this uhf stubby I got from Wiscomm on eBay with my 7550. Receives like a champ and I also have the silicone protective casing on the radio. I can close the lid of the bag over the radio while clipped in place next to my camera. I connect Bluetooth sports headphones to the radio and listen via Bluetooth.
9c9f8178753846740c3989a2d6bdec9d.jpg
c552cab2f1bb9508fc5755af0dffdd60.jpg
1fc552ee59afff4fe4d4ad54bc654d87.jpg
b2b286be73cda87c1496dc67f2e33182.jpg

BlackSheepDue

I use this uhf stubby I got from Wiscomm on eBay with my 7550. Receives like a champ and I also have the silicone protective casing on the radio. I can close the lid of the bag over the radio while clipped in place next to my camera. I connect Bluetooth sports headphones to the radio and listen via Bluetooth. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a vhf 7550 but also have a stubby antenna that I use when I work on the University of maine ambulance or whenever I'm going to have the radio on my hip for an amount of time but for the most part I don't trust it as much as the stock antenna for both rx and tx. I'm not sure how much truth there is to it but that's just my mentality. I have the silicon case as well but it gets in the way when I'm putting on and taking off the mic often and I just like how the radio looks better without it. I should use it more though, better protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.