SDRTrunk Can I get the talkgroup names/tags out of sdrtrunk, not for broadcastify?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnelson333

I do not send my signal to broadcastify, I just have my own private scanner that's only available in my house using sdrtrunk. I pick it up with a dedicated linux server and feed it out via darkice/icecast2 and can pick it up from any browser on my network. But it's only an audio stream. What I'd really love is to have a dedicated device, either a raspberry pi zero w or an esp32 with an attached LCD screen that shows me the talkgroup names (are those called alpha tags?) that I can take with me to whatever computer I happen to be at. This device wouldn't pick up the stream, it probably wouldn't be powerful enough, I just want to display the text. Is there a way I can get those out of sdrtrunk and feed them somewhere? I can do all the rest of the programming myself, I just don't know how to get them out of sdrtrunk. Ideas?

ChrisABQ

Well, if you were using a windows machine, you could do as I do. Use SDRTrunk to monitor the system and use Trunking Recorder's web server to view and listen to the traffic. It's private on your network at home or you can open up a port and access it on the internet (privately) using your smart phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.